Err, now I feel like a fool... Indeed this is USB, thanks for clarifying this!

There are already two entries for this module: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/sleepy-circuits-hypno-hdmi-expander-panel-diy and https://www.modulargrid.net/e/sleepy-circuits-hypno-hdmi-expander. Do we really need another one? ò.Ô

I love the extensive CV modulation capabilities! And this slim module is such a rack space saver! *slow clap

Hey Joe,

agreed, estimating the costs for parts is not trivial. Yes, one approach would be to remove the price from the overview (as you already have done), but include it in the description.

I actually hoped that any of the Modulargrid admins would see this post in order to start a discussion about how to deal with the topic of DYI module pricing, since it's an unsolved issue as far as I know. On the other hand, I might be one of the very few who has a problem with imprecise quotation of prices. So please, accept my apologies if I offended you with my quite harsh words!

Keep up the good work!
MAB

Am I the only one who thinks that the price information of DYI modules is often totally unreasonable, as it is the case here? 15 € is only for the panel and the PCB. Saying that this whole module costs only so much means totally misrepresenting the actual cost.

Thanks! Reading through my comment again, I realize that I sounded like an asshole... Apologies to everybody, keep up the good work!

When I posted an alternative front plate for the Rubicon a while ago, I caught hell from the admins, because I didn't know about the "pick another plate" functionality. I am sorry, but why is this crap allowed, on the other hand? By this logic, let's post all the numerous Doepfer bus board power supplies, and also the power bricks by 4ms and Intellijel, and maybe throw in a couple of flying bus cables as well?

Thanks, better now!

Please, the description should be corrected, it is a pain to read through!

Hi Cy!
No, I don't use another alias. We spoke very briefly on Soundcloud a while ago and I didn't have the time to listen to your music and watch your videos. I just recently started using Eurorack and have been asking a bunch of people questions about Eurorack, in order to understand what sounds you can produce with what combination of modules. So I listened to one of your uploads and then noticed that there is a link to a video in the description. So, I gave it a look and it made me better understand what is going on, very interesting!

If you would like to listen to my creations, I can recommend two tracks, that I have uploaded lately and where I made extensive use of Eurorack: Minimal Musical Discourse:

and Modulated Atomic Space:

If you happen to listen to my uploads, please bear in mind that the audio is quite dynamic, so you might wanna turn up the volume quite a bit in order to hear everything properly. If you do listen, please feel free to leave a comment of constructive criticism, since this is what I need to get better: other people who are professionals and who can point out any discrepancies in my uploads.

Keep up the good work and let the music flow!

Cheers
Oleg

Awesome gear, now I understand what sounds I have been hearing :D

Hey everyone!
First of all, I want to express thanks to all the people involved in running Modulargrid, this helps me (and others, for sure) to plan and sort out all the modular things. You guys rock!

Also, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Oleg and I am running a German-based experimental project, which creates music by the process of conducting jam sessions, improvising during these sessions, recording them, and then using best parts from those sessions to generate so called "Jam session sections"; these are generally raw sound clips that are mostly left unprocessed apart from using a simple cross-fade in order to tie two or more clips together, or occasional compressing. These clips then are uploaded to Soundcloud and are usually free for download.

I am fairly new to Eurorack and (like yours) my rack is slowly but constantly growing, so that I am able more and more to use solely Eurorack modules, for example the latest upload:

Since I have a lot to learn, I would love to receive constructive criticism. You don't have to follow me or like my uploads, but I'd encourage you to leave a comment, especially if you have suggestions for improvement!

While this technique is nothing new, I would like to share my experiment in creating kick drums. Inspired by several tutorials for creating kick drum sounds (e.g. by Tobi Neumann or by Make Noise) I used during my last jam session the Doepfer A-147 VCLFO at audio rates in conjunction with the Make Noise LxD to create lush deep bass kicks with a sublime transient. Modules like the Turing Machine, Radio Music, Grains and Clouds contributed additional sounds and effects. You can listen to the result here:

My somewhat detailed course of action is in the track's description. I am fairly new to Eurorack and still experimenting and learning a lot, hence I would like to receive constructive criticism, so feel free to leave a comment.