It subdivides any gate pattern you feed it, including swinging, irregular ones.

Hi everyone,

As I am sure all of you know, Ukraine is currently undergoing an unprecedented brutal attack and facing a terrifying threat of Russian occupation, with nuclear threats already made. Many of us are also no doubt familiar with brilliant Eurorack module manufacturers from Ukraine such as Happy Nerding, Knob Farm and Endorphin.es whose families we can assume are at grave risk. There is already a lot of support from the modular scene, for instance the manufacturer Erica Synths is currently donating all income of certain modules to charity for Ukraine, and there is an initiative from ambient artist and YouTuber Hainbach who has released a single with all profits going to the Red Cross for Ukraine.

Inspired by these initiatives, I propose that we can also use ModularGrid to raise funds for Ukraine. I've personally put up a number of modules on the marketplace of which I will donate all money to the Ukrainian Red Cross. If more people join this, we could even opt to create racks in which we add Ukraine Fundraising to the name so that we can use the search function to buy the modules we are looking for, while being sure that profits of our purchases will go to humanitarian aid. I hope this act of solidarity does not go against the user policy of ModularGrid.

A list of trusted causes can be found at https://tinyurl.com/HELPUKR

With hopes for peace,
Rik

This looks great. Good choice of playable modules with immediate interfaces, and wise planning. I'd be curious why you chose Bloom and Surface over Marbles and Rings, I would argue that you might have more fun with Rings than Surface because of the external audio input. Especially since you already planning to work with external audio inputs in your system, Rings really allows you to explore the space between synthetic and acoustic sounds in a way that modules like Surface or Plonk cannot b/c they have no audio input. Rings is sometimes used for a no input, zero modulation 'YouTube potted plant' ambient sound which may or may not be what you're after, but it's important to note that is just one of hundreds of ways you could creatively use the module.

Also, I would recommend ditching the buffered mult and adding an Ornament and Crime (with Hemispheres firmware). I think you're doing a great choice of not having multifunction modules here, but uO_C's quantizers are really useful for generative because you can choose from dozens of scales and the interface is super clear and simple (unlike other multifunction modules which I've owned and sold because of the poor interface such as say, Disting, FX Aid, Peaks etc.). As a bonus you get many other fun generative tools such as clock skipper, clock divider, euclidian rhythms, chaos generators, burst generators, logic, sample and hold, rungler. In my experiences stackcables usually work fine to copy pitch cvs, but if not, you can use the quantizer to get the pitch back on track hence you really don't need a buffered multiple.

The obvious other recommendation is a Maths for envelopes, portamento, clock manipulation and attenuversion/mixing. Or if you want to start simpler you can get a smaller one channel slew limiter such as the After Later Audio Tilt and add an attenuversion/offset module (such as the WMD/SSF S.P.O. or the ALM O/A/X2). If you want to save space or money on mixing and attenuation you can start with a couple cheap passive 0HP mixers such as the BoredBrain Splix which work really well.

Actually, on second thought, if you can reduce the footprint of the output module to 2HP, I would remove the FX Aid XL and in its place put the Cold Mac, which gives you lots of options both for audio modulation (you can use it as a distortion, a waveshaper / folder, a panner) and utility (logic, offset, slew, envelope follower etc.) or both (6 channel mixer, VCA), and also as a controller with a big knob that gives you the control to play your patches that you are lacking in modules such as Pamela and uO_C. It's a module that requires a somewhat experimental approach but there is a lot of documentation and it can be a real centrepiece for any patch.

You could also consider replacing the 2HP Trim with the LPZW WK2 module when it's available again, which adds to attenuation the added functionality of offset (really useful to dial in precise values) and slew (to turn stepped modulation into a smooth one).

This looks like a fun little rack that would fit an attitude of exploring creativity within constraints. Beehive/Plaits doesn't need a filter and sounds great on its own so that's a good choice. If you run Hemispheres suite on the uO_C, you've got quite a lot of modulation and utility possibilities here. One downside is that none of the modulation parameters are very 'hands on' in this system -- you will find yourself wanting to tweak an envelope shape or LFO speed in real time at some point, not just their amount. You might consider swapping the FX Aid XL for some small modules that provide or facilitate modulation, e.g. Pique or Kinks, or even a small analogue oscillator that doubles as LFO. Disting and Monsoon should, I believe, provide enough effects. The 2HP Trim could be replaced by a 2HP VCA.