Loki is the man for sure. I didnt know about that patch to "fix" the issue, interesting

Its the hector, I have had 2, they do have power issues (also 2 beebos, first one only powered on 1 time and then never again, the replacement has been stable) . My original hector only turned on half the time, and my replacement is always the last thing to fully boot. It even takes the UI a moment to fully realize its not a beebo, meaning not all the ins and outs appear at the same time. My first one didn't do that. Hector is an odd and powerful beast, but far from stable like you would expect. I also have the zoia racked, its a slow boot as well, but always fully loads before hector. Hope this helps, I would get a replacement if I were you.

Ill chime is as I also own and use this mixer every day.

Things I love
The master send and return:
I can record my entire performance via this output by sending the mix to my 1010 bit box.
Another draw for me, is sending the master mix out to Morphagene and then back in. Instant fun

I do wish there was gain on the stereo channels, but I have them at set and forget, and run a sub mix into those modules to get a stereo image. The cv control on volume and pan is amazing. Its big, but its in my rack and clean. If I wanted a real mixer, I would sent everything out to my console.

Erica Sample drum is amazing. Perfect for breakbeats.

Watch this and have your eyes opened to what your ears can hear :)

I can offer you two tips on VCA use. 1. Volume modulation 2. Pan modulation.
This video explains well, and I suggest you patch up something and try this approach. Its a good way to start learning about modulation via vca.
Also, CV is "control voltage" and is sent out in what ever way you command it to.

Also, a kind poster here has this in the tag, take it to heart: "Utility modules are the inexpensive, dull polish that makes the expensive, shiny modules actually shine!!!"

^@farkas
really good comment above! I also don't want to sit at my pc to make music. Very good point that VCV rack means doing that very thing lol I just wanted to mention VCV rack because it basically was my teacher, and after that experience, I feel like I earned my way into Euro rack. I started off as a simple guitar player, so, its be a LONG adventure. It takes time for a "normal" musician to grow tired of using a computer. Most go the path of the DAW.

@thelowerrhythm At this point, I choose my simple rack over VCV any day.

I would add, that if your not willing to spend at least 1 year with VCV rack, then you should not purchase anything in real life.

If you don't enjoy VCV rack, then you wont enjoy the real life version.

VCV rack is the way in.

Maybe Sweetwater will redirect this to either the Mutable or Intellijel version on their website, like they did with the Swing. I thought that was a nice gesture...and once they did it, you really didn't hear much about the Swing anymore.
-- Lugia

@Lugia Did they really do this? I never noticed but that is a pretty cool move for a company that I thought had done a complete 180 on Behringer. I remember years ago when they didn't even sell Behringer products at all, for whatever reasons they had.
-- merzky_shoom

hay guys, I just did some link checking, and if you go to Behringer's site for the FOUL PLAY, and click the affiliate buy link for Sweetwater, you do in fact, get the Intellijel Quad VCA Eurorack Amplifier and Cascaded Mixer Module

so ya, there is that.

This entire Behringer thing reminds me of the old Kush vs schwag argument. Both do the job, one is just way more expensive and "luxury" while the other is for the "lower class" .

So this schwag going for 105.13 USD or £89.00 Euro.
The Kush is 189 USD or 159.99 Euro

https://www.andertons.co.uk/ shows a 3 month lead time.

wuba wuba wuba

ModularGrid Rack

@Lugia that was a very good suggestion! I need to digest what I currently am working on, but I may get one of my top row. Btw:
ModularGrid Rack

Its very odd, I actually do have 2HP left in the second row, even if MD says none....is that odd to you guys?

Also, thanks to this thread, I took all the placement advise and Im SO GLAD I did! Patching is super easy, clean and not to bunched up to move tiny nobs :) Also, the 1010bit box mk2 is no joke. I have an MPC in my rack basically, its way OP.

my cab is so deep there is a hi dive! I have heard the deopfer stuff is a little lacking on build quality and, funny enough, not so good on the power pin/PS area...any truth in your experience? I think the most fun I will have (next week when I get it) is with the erica joystick 2. You can record 8 sec of movement....that into the mult...hummmm...

+1

Also, love your tag! SO TRUE!! Its amazing how much one silly little multi can do. Mind blowing! I had the model d one that latches on the the normal size case it comes with, it has two little switches that couple or uncouple the pair. I wired a ton of ransom cv in there and patched into my semi set up (previous life) and one flick meant outer space attack lol https://www.etsy.com/listing/782197921/behringer-synth-extender-multiples

Honestly, this one little cheep add on that was mainly cosmetic to me a fist, is the very reason I went all in. And maths.

Peace

oh man, I just received the gray one lol

I SOOO agree. I do love my 2 Behringer models, but they can not compete with the style or culture of the true jems in this industry.
My rack is now 75% complete and installed. I have not blow up anything yet and now understand way to much about power and power supplies. Hahah

Right on. I kinda want to stay away from Behringer, but the price points are tempting. Btw, I have seen some clever powersupply adapters that can make MN table top stuff rackable. Think thats worth a shot or a was of space like my semi's

Thank you for the consistent advise. I'm pretty sure I'm making a noob mistake, but its ok, I welcome the growing pains! I like the semi stuff because it works with no patching. So my focus will be on modulation and sequencing more than synth design on these. The other goodies should cover that base. When they do not, I will put out the semi's and put them back in there cheep, powered case and grow that way.

I got the case today, and man is it a thing of beauty. Is it ok to share videos and patch's on this site? Do people support the music side here, or just more technical stuff.? BTW, what do you @Ronin1973 think of Brains? A good brides clone? I really wish MN would sell a rack version of strega...man I want that.

Thanks for that, didn't notice.

Here is, I believe, the final form.

ModularGrid Rack

oh @Lugia your very correct and I agree with you all the way 100%. Thing is, the value I feel, is in what I don't have to deal with anymore. I already have the 3 tier rack for the moogs, and a very nice 2 tier for the shiet. But, with this A-100 case, I can leave all the power supplies behind, have nothing running to a huge analogue or digital mixer, and have everything in one ready to go case, while also have a more elegant presentation for my brain. Not to mention instant gratification as the base of all patch's? The separation and block style of my current rig (the way you suggest) will be gone, and I feel like I can be mobile (and get a workout lol) with this case, and ya, 164 hp to grow (at a proper cost of 2.75 per hp + circuit boards). I loved your price per HP point, that shit is unarguable!

I am a long term planner, and when (not if) I evolve out of these semies, they WILL go back in there case and power supply for free, while I add to my fn dope case. So, considering all this, if you can help me with my arrangement I would love that!

Lastly...
"Ok..no." was the first thought I had making this rig so its really funny!! Ill let you know how I do for sure with it, and back it up with some dope ass sounds. (btw, analyst for a living, human as a hobby) Better is subjective, helpful is not.

Love,

Shadowsaun

Thank you @centzminger!!

I took your idea to heart and updated. That was smart, I actually get room for another 2hp this way and I wont have to reach as hi atm! (time for a 2hp quantizer for the DFAM?)

This is the rack I got as well, so ya, 4 tier (1.8k ouch!) anyways, mixer in the middle now for central location, all the percussion and mess with me things on the bottom. Maths was the center piece, but now it the mid top so that's a compromise. I am too OCD not to have everything filled out (the empty row already giving me GAS lol)

Open to more ideas, and to this forum and site credit, thank GOD I can plan out here instead of the real word, what a blessing!

Ok, so what other modules would you want? I think I have all the bases covered...but that ES black hole dsp2 looks like candy..

*on another note, do they make stereo patch cables? My MPC live 2 has 4 stereo ports. Thinking of adding it in the mix as the ES black seq only has 4 track. Just a side note.

So am I in the big boy rack club now? Or do I have to buy all the mutable stuff as well lol. Cant wait to post real life pics!!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/synth/1633825

Hello,

I am very shy and never post about my work, but I read and read and love the community of modular and synth people like you. Having said that, here is what I have on the way this weekend. I already owned all the semi-modular stuff, and yes, I understand that they should maybe not be in this case, but I want to build this system around what I already know and love while adding in all the other items on my wish list. Besides, the semi stuff is very immediate and ready to go anytime.

If this was yours, how would you place everything?

HELP lol Really considering the patch paths I need to take to be efficient and keep things somewhat orderly. So mixer, sequencer, modulation placement, voice placement, things like this. Want it to be clean and easy to patch :) BTW, I already paid for all of it, just waiting on delivery, so there is no going back. I hope I am as smart as my other personalities think I am.

Any thoughts on my concept would also be nice...

I already feel this is common sense:
-Behringer is evil and yes, I carry shame with that brand in my case. But, no one I know in real life will ever understand and I have no online cred anyway, so who cares. I have the only 2 I will ever buy!
-The case is really voiced and focused by the Moog sound. I'm so in love, and this case is a result of my passion for the triple Moog threat.
-I do not want to fill up the bottom row yet. I am saving the 164 HP for expansion as I further understand this case and evolve.

Side note. I also have Zoia and Poly Beebo on the side as sends (for now) and they can CV with some effort on my part. So, that's a huge consideration as those two pedals alone could probable serve as this entire rack, so my intention is to use them and just pull in the modules I need this way and maybe send there functions out as needed. Very much an open space :)

I will entertain all suggestions. If VCV rack has your module in it, I will try it tonight and learn from your suggestion.
Be gentle on me please, this is my first ever post on the internets and I have too much grey hair for a mid40's nerd.

-Love,
Shadowsaun

ModularGrid Rack