Thanks for the help @defragmenteur and @lugia. It seems like this might not be an easy fix for my at my beginner stage. Ill look around the city to see if I can find some local help. Feel free to link me to some helpful youtube videos that might be able to walk me through the process.

Hey! Quick question. I am having trouble matching my pitch of my A-111-2 VCO to other oscillators that I have. I am using a Beats Step Pro to sequence it, and it is not follow pitch very well! Does anyone have any advice for me getting the pitch to follow a typical 1V/oct? My Rings Modular follows the Beats Step Pro fine, so I know the problem lies with the A-111-2 VCO. I am going straight from BSP to the VCO to out. Tested with different VCOs and only this one has the problem.

I am wondering if I am pushing this power supply too hard. I have always gotten some unwanted noise that I am trying to diminish. I bought the AC adapter from amazon with an input of 100-240V - 1.8A 50/60Hz and output of 19V-4.74A. Is my problem there? Or somewhere else. Any advice would be much appreciated.

ModularGrid Rack

Hey,

Here is the current rack I have built up over the last year or so. As far as power do I need another power source or is this sufficient for what I have. Additionally, I have always run audio out from the Quad VCA to my Computer Interface for recording, but I usually get some unwanted noise in the signal utilizing an 1/8 - 1/4in cord. Is this due to power problems, or am I in need of a utility module to help with outputing audio to my computer interface.

Thank you!

ModularGrid Rack

Just one so I know it has something to do with the module not following well! On the site for the module it states,

"access to internal bus CV (via jumper, optional, please remove the bus jumper if this feature is not used to avoid unwanted frequency modulation as then the unused CV line of the bus works as a kind of antenna)
LF (manual linear frequency control: fully CW = standard setting for usual VCO applications, fully CCW: close to 0Hz frequency)
works also as a kind of range control for the exponential section but for standard VCO applications with 1V/octave control voltage the LF control should be fully CW"

So it seems there must be something I need to do, like remove the bus jumper, but I am not sure what that means or how to do it.

Hey! Quick question. I am having trouble matching my pitch of my A-111-2 VCO to other oscillators that I have. I am using a Beats Step Pro to sequence it, and it is not follow pitch very well! Does anyone have any advice for me getting the pitch to follow a typical 1V/oct? My Rings Modular follows the Beats Step Pro fine, so I know the problem lies with the A-111-2 VCO.

Alright, Update. I got the Beatstep Pro and the Make Noise Mult Passive Multiple Eurorack Module. Pretty excited about seeing how these two expand my current setup.

That is great advice Lugia! Thank you! I think at least one more VCO is a good idea!
I have plenty of outboard gear (and plugins) so I have plenty of post processing capabilities!

One thing I am looking at is being able to send the same signal to multiple locations. So having the pitch control from the sequencer affect the Ring module and the VCO. Is the A-180-3 a good choice for that?

So I think for the price, I am going to grab a beatstep pro. Itll help me with having extra sequencing power without taking up room or costing too much.

The Korg SQ-1 does seem nice for the MS-2o, I might want that in addition to the beatstep! That would give me two 16 step sequencers (BSP) 1 8 step (Lifeforms) and then two more 8 steps from the Sq-1. Do you all think that is a good enough amount of sequencers and would they all play well together?

FX are on my list down the road. What are some top ones for more ambient and sequenced music? Obviously a good reverb and delay, but what else would you suggest?

What are some of your favorite VCOs? So far, I have not been a huge fan of the A-111-2, nor do I like the sound of the A-106-1

Hi Lugia,

Thank you for your input. I agree a better sequencer would be a good idea. I love the idea of getting the SMmkii. I had no idea the ms-20 did not communicate well with eurorack. Getting the English Tear would be an easy fix for that to help trigger it. And with the Juno, if I could just sync the arpeggiator I would be happy, no need to trigger it right now. Could the SMmkii act as the central clock? I would love to get something with an actual digital bpm display to help with accurate tempo!

Hey everyone! New to eurorack modular synth so I am looking for some advice! This is the setup I have right now to learn some of the basics without having had to spend too much money on it!

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_802971.jpg

In looking towards making some sequenced ambient music, what does it look like I am missing? Is there an essential module that you think I should get? Additionally, I have a Juno 60 and a Korg ms20 mini. In looking to connect this system with those synths, what should I get. Is there a cv hub/clock that could help with that?

Thank you!