Oh yes I forgot to mention that I set Yarns clock to external.

Hi!

I'm totally stuck at the moment, would be amazing if somebody might know something about this clock setup issue!

I'm trying to sync Pamela's NEW Workout with my MFB Tanzbär 2 drum computer's clock. I have Mutable Instruments Yarns as my MIDI to CV interface.
Yarns layout is set to 2M: 2x monophonic. MIDI notes and gate info are received via MIDI from the Tanzbär sequencer to Yarns Note CV 1 - 2 and Gate 1 - 2 outputs, this works fine.
I have the MIDI Clock and MIDI start CV outs on Yarns patched to the Clock and Run CV inputs on Pamela, but unfortunately neither is Pam started or synced to the Tanzbär's BPM. I tried messing around with the clock settings on Pam, like the PPQ etc. but Pam's BPM remains fixed on 300 BPM, and refuses to sync or run.

I have a feeling I'm totally missing something here I'm overlooking?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Nice one, well done, enjoyed listening to it. Comical and a bit quirky at times :)

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to have a look at the rack concept!

The common issue is a lack of utility, I tried to cover it, but I see I went a bit overboard with the mult, adsr and output, thanks for clearing that up! Saves me having to spend money on that and makes it possible to spend a little extra and upgrade to a legit version of Rings, after your comment about a proper sized version of Rings, I understood right away what I overlooked... more space and proper knobs to twiddle is going to be more fun ofc.. similar would be aid xl instead of pico dsp, aid xl looks great, nice tip, thanks for that.

About Rene, I managed to buy a secondhand version of it that is cheaper than a step sequencer and am generally fascinated by it and look forward to learning how to work with it. I will have to wait with Maths a bit till I have funds to purchase it.

Summary would be: Pamela is the brains running the outfit, Rene the mathematician plucking strings and Grids banging it out on the Noir.

See updated version:
ModularGrid Rack

ModularGrid Rack
Hi,

I've been working on this for a while now, first build, absolute euro-rack newbie. The basic idea is to create a fun to play, relatively versatile setup that can create some playful minimal techno and ambient for starters..

Pamela will be the brain that runs the outfit, the master clock and rhythm creator, Rene will control Rings + Pico DSP using cord and patterns generate by Rene and Grids running the BLCK_Noir drums (has built in filter an sfx + aux).

Disting mk4 for learning, sfx channel, samples etc. The rest is utility an audio out, no intention to use MIDI. And yes I have considered Maths, one of the objectives is to keep the cost as low as possible, and the setup simple.

Any feeback would be much appreciated!
Thx.

Does any of this make sense!? )))