@wiggler55550: thanks for the interest

offsets simply are “fixed” control voltages, we deal with them all time long within modular synthesis. For instance, you set the pitch knob of an oscillator to 12 'oclock, you don't move it anymore: you just set an offset; then you might want to control the pitch, of the notes the VCO will play, by means of a keyboard or capacitance plates (probably similar to the ones of this Cells module), so you will send a different offset to the VCO each time you play a different note of the keyboard.

I try to explain my need.
I will purchase Intellijel uScale II, it features a Shift Input which accept voltages in order to obtain 3 functions: (a) to navigate among the pre-stored scales, (b) to shift the interval note, (c) to shift the tonal note. Adopting fluctuating voltages (any cv source controllable by the means of a pot) I couldn't skip values and go immediately & exactly to the desired scale, interval, tonal note. Hence, pre-stored offsets are essentials to this kind of application.

It seems this module might make the grade: to store voltages (offsets) and to recall them by the means of capacitance plates, Sequencer might be engaged as well, though not necessarily. My only doubt concerns the HP width of this module, referring to my need, otherwise it is cool wide.

Sorry, I didn't even notice there's a video, I will watch it, thanks.

Best

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/twisted-electrons-cells

Hello,

Is this module to save and recall offsets by the means of touch pads?
In any case, could you show other options in the eurorack modular realm for the same application, possibly in smaller HP room?

Best regards,
FM

Hi...i am a new user here. (...)
-- CelleGuy

Hey welcome... but you copied and pasted my exact words !

Thank you for the quick reply, you clearly answered but I still can't get completely (yeah I look slightly dumb :-). I even don't get what a “track” can be in this situation...(a channel?) By the way, let me try to summarize what I (probably) understood.

I see that each pad covers at least 2 functions: to recall a page inside a pre-selected bank, to select a step (whose pitch has to be manually set via knob) within the page. Since there are 12 pads, and the outs are just 6, I have to deduce that each of the 6 outputs deliver alternatively both 6 top and 6 bottom row pads (as well as each knob controls the pitch of both top and bottom row pads, correspondingly).
If this is right, the presence of 6 outputs still confuses me. Am I right to consider this controller intended to “play” monophonic modules? If yes, the voltage values (pitch infos) will never be put out at the same time. Thus, what are the applications for the 6 outs? Are they normalled to the 1st?

FM

Hello there, I can't understand some functionalities. For instance, why 6 outputs instead of 1 only ? Probably all outs are normalled to the 1st one, letting the user to can use each individual output in order to tune pads individually and/or to drive 6 different sound generators? Moreover, how many pages the 12 pads fill? 2 pages, right?

Best, FM