Hello,
I’m pretty new to all things modular but I’m thinking about entering the jungle. One direction I’m thinking about to head into is to slowly start to build a rack which also gives me the opportunity to feed external sound sources into and out of a system. For example l’d like to feed some sounds through nice filter modules etc. I was looking at modules like the Intellijel Audio Interface II, which provides the opportunity for stereo line level i/o‘s. Unfortunately that particular module is discontinued. So I was wondering if there are any suggestions for alternative modules, which do the same, or maybe totally different solutions for this kind of task?
I would like to integrate a modular system in my already existing environment: mixing desk -> interface -> daw or the other way around. Anything I should be cautious about?
Thanks in advance!

The Joranalogue Receive and Transmit are good choices IMO. Personally I prefer to mic my keyboard amp and run that into the audio interface on my PC when I'm recording, but I use the Receive module to input sounds from my non-modular keyboards and it works very well. It can handle XLR mics too.

I would suggest trying going straight into the mixing desk/audio interface 1st...

if that clips then try attenuation on the way out...

if you still have noise then try an isolated output module

you will almost definitely need some form of amplification on the way in though

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Quite similar to Intellijel Audio Interface II, available, cheaper and less HP: 4ms Listen IO (I've been using it for live use for 3 years, and with great satisfaction).

These two modules which are less known, with several inputs/outputs, but of which one says a lot of good: Bubblesound Instruments Booster Stage and Reducer (I have the Booster, perfect to make enter synthesizers or drum machines for example).

Credible and affordable solution: Erica Synths Pico Input and Output.

More sophisticated, more expensive, and probably at the top of the podium: Joranalogue Audio Design Receive 2 and Transmit 2, or the superb ACL Audio Interface.

If you want to multitrack in a software (Logic, Ableton, etc.), you'll have to include the Expert Sleepers solutions: ES-8, ES-9.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Intellijel have announced a replacement for the Audio Interface II - see new module listings...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities