I recently acquired PP and Brains. I read some where (that I can't find now) that I could make PP sequence all 12 steps across the 3 sequencers by using a Doepfer A-151V Quad Sequential Switch, thus expanding it from it's usual 4 steps. Is this correct and if so, how would I patch it please?

Thank you!

My guess is set the A-151V to three steps. Row 1-3 out from PP to input 1-3 and clock it with the same clock as Brains but clock divided by four?

OK I can see that in principle. I guess that leaves quite a bit of experimentation for clocks from Pam's..

However how does the sound then get from PP to a VCO?

You only get unquantized CV from the PP. Put it in the 1V/oct input of the VCO and twist the knobs until it sounds good:) In the patch above you patch seq switch out to 1V/oct in.

Yes when I said VCO I meant into the 1V/OCT. So the O/I goes to the 1V/OCT. (sorry to ask these seemingly simple questions but I have a very tight budget so any extra purchase has to be really thought through)

you might want a quantizer too if you don't have one already

probably patched between the output of the sequential switch and the 1v/oct input of the vco

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Clock to clock input of brains,
3 rows of pressure points (or four with a tiptop banana from one row of your choice which will be repeated of course) in the 151 switch's inputs and the first step (most left white output not the gold) of pressure points trigger output to the trigger input of 151.
Quantize or not to your like...

Make Noise Pressure Points as an 16 step Sequenzer:

Thank you! I'll study this later for sure