Howdy folks! I have been doing a lot of recording but not actually finishing them off. My current efforts are around finishing and releasing the tracks before I do any more recording. Here's the first one, which is decidedly not modular in any way.

For this one I pulled the NDLR out of it's box and got this little ditty out of it after tweaking and rehearsing it for a couple of weeks. It's using four Arturia V collection VST synths. Namely the CS-80v, Pigments, OB-XA and another I can't seem to remember.

I have also been recording the summer's passing thunderstorms, so I thought I'd drop one of them in and I do like the effect. I just crack a window and stick the Zoom H4N Pro in and hit record. No effects or anything on it - it's just the raw sound of the rain, wind and thunder mixed in. I love that the natural ebbs and flows of the storm are clearly heard with rising and falling levels depending on the intensity of the rain. In the mixing, I did extensive track level volume automation on all tracks to increase the dynamics.

Then there are the visuals: I spent several weeks tweaking this animation and rendered multiple versions before landing on this one, which I think is just full of stunning, morphing shapes and color fading throughout. Enjoy!