im kinda new to eurorack my set up rn is a deluge, minibrute 2s, rackbrute6u and an o coast I want an all around, performance set up but also a friend that does its own thing. So what do ya think are these good accompaniments ?

-exmpl.~

the rackbrute case does not have 1u and the power supply is not sold separately...

better to put the 1u modules in the 1u rail than in an adapter - so you have more space for 3u - just move the disting ex to be near the bigger screen, but I'd only buy that if you need it...

racking semis is a waste of rack space and power...

too many small modules too close together... you are trying to do too much in too small a space... bigger case and bigger modules or just fewer bigger modules - the shitty ergonomics of so many 2hp modules and trimmers instead of pots will make it unplayable... remember 1hp = 1/5" (4.08mm)

do some research on the guy behind synthrotek before buying their modules...

why do you think you need 2 noise sources?

why are there no vcas?

how are you mixing - the deluge, minibrute 2s, the output of the rackbrute6u and the o coast?

take a look at the hints in my signature and spend a considerable time thinking about them... they are a guide to getting the most versatile modular for the least cash...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

so I planned to make some rails for the 1u in that area and I didn't know I'd need an adapter for power :( if that's what you meant.

for that condensed area I tried to arange it where i could kinda get to the knobs, I wasn't worried too much bc itll be used for rhythmic noise where modulation would just be re patching. tho the 3 actuator would be a problem

the noise on the intellijel noise tools just seemed like an extra for why its there

as for the vcas I assumed I could just substitute it with lpgs and bc power I'm still new at this

so for mixing I was going o coast, bia, clouds ect into the 3 mix (to set and forget) - cinnamon filter - mkc8 - minibrute - deluge for this ex. I wanted ambient chords under one filter while Saturn, ect goes straight to mkc8

with my setup I don't plan to go outside 6u and the o coast is only a staple bc I've scuffed it up a bit
and thanks for commenting I really needed the perspective.

-exmpl.~

If the thread title is accurate, I would recommend that you do not go into debt for this setup.
Jim's advice mirrors my own. You will be incredibly unhappy with all of those tiny modules side by side, for many reasons.
I would recommend that you revisit a LOT of the beginner posts in this forum, read a LOT of manuals, and watch a LOT of tutorials before investing any money in this.
Have fun and good luck!

so I planned to make some rails for the 1u in that area and I didn't know I'd need an adapter for power :( if that's what you meant.

no I couldn't tell if you meant it to be a rackbrute with the associated rack wart or a 7u where you'd inadvertantly added an arturia rack wart (that's not available separately)

it sounds like you want to add a 1u row on top of a rackbrute - sounds like a bad idea to me involving disfiguring the rackbrute - either get a 7u rack or drop the 1u

for that condensed area I tried to arange it where i could kinda get to the knobs, I wasn't worried too much bc itll be used for rhythmic noise where modulation would just be re patching. tho the 3 actuator would be a problem

the 'condensed' area is way too crowded - sooner or later, you will hate it

the noise on the intellijel noise tools just seemed like an extra for why its there

partly this was my mistake the paratek noise module looked like 2 modules - in itself, it seems way too crowded - like the designer was having a competition with himself how to get as many knobs, switches and jacks in 8hp as possible

as for the vcas I assumed I could just substitute it with lpgs and bc power I'm still new at this

only if you only want to use them for audio - vcas are really useful for cv too - seriously, do yourself a favour & get a quad cascading vca - veils clone or intellijel etc etc

so for mixing I was going o coast, bia, clouds ect into the 3 mix (to set and forget) - cinnamon filter - mkc8 - minibrute - deluge for this ex. I wanted ambient chords under one filter while Saturn, ect goes straight to mkc8

I think you'll regret the mixing solution

what's the 3 mix? the synthrotek attenuator???

are you expecting o-coast, mia and clouds to give you ambient chords??? not my idea of ambient or chords...

with my setup I don't plan to go outside 6u and the o coast is only a staple bc I've scuffed it up a bit
and thanks for commenting I really needed the perspective.
-- exmpl

we all say that to start with... just a little 6u (or whatever) - then it's the wafer thin mint and it explodes all over the place...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

If the thread title is accurate, I would recommend that you do not go into debt for this setup.
Jim's advice mirrors my own. You will be incredibly unhappy with all of those tiny modules side by side, for many reasons.
I would recommend that you revisit a LOT of the beginner posts in this forum, read a LOT of manuals, and watch a LOT of tutorials before investing any money in this.
Have fun and good luck!
-- farkas

+1000

so the 1u up top is just there to to sum specs. I plan for 3 rows of 1u next to the disting ex I thought if I'm going to have a screen I might as well fill in the space

I thought the condensed section would be fine bc its closest to the minibrute 2s pach bay I assumed it would be the most cluttered spot inevitably tho I'm definitely making it worse

for lpg I didn't consider CV modulation for some reason so I'll definitely look at some vcas

by 3 mix I meant the little 3 channel mixer next to the mkc8 and with the exmpl of ambient chords I could use the disting or deluge ect to sequence them separately to create chords mix out to deluge or disting for fx

I definitely have a lot to consider and if the racks name is true I hope I dont expand out from 6u both financially and for space

-exmpl.~

Have fun and good luck!
-- farkas

+1000

-- JimHowell1970

1000 more :))

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

--o for mixing I was going o coast, bia, clouds ect into the 3 mix (to set and forget)
As a newbie, I've been here for a little over a year, I agree with these tips. I would like to add, regarding the mixer issue, that for live performance I do not believe, far from it, that the mixer is a patch and forget module.
In case you are not going to use an external mixer, I would recommend a dedicated mixer. You can consider a mixer with its mutes, sends/returns, and very importantly, headphone output.
2HP modules or with many knobs are a nuisance.
Regards and good luck

alright after a while this is what i developed my setup is only deluge, minibrute 2s, o coast, disting mk4, diz, nlc this too shall pass and a triple hwr. so far I'm having a field day with what i got. I feel like I changed it for the better, and organized pretty optimally. so what do ya think, are these good accompaniments?
also the bottom section is potentially an add on for the top of the case, if I go through with it I'll be modifying the rackbrute 6u if I feel it's worth it.

-exmpl.~