hi its my first rack i created. really new in that topic and would appreciate some advice!

for clock and sequencing ill use my beatstep pro, for drums my analog rytm.

i guess the magneto is overkill but i really liked it especially for live situations

in genreal i want to play live. really like all the crazy percussion stuff from the chimera and fracture easily triggered with the euclidean circles. blawan is using the wmd structure and i really liked the sounds hes creating with it. on the other hand 2 legions are really expensive but also a lot of possibilities.

the wmd modules may be difficult to source, they closed, but have re-started as ammt (I think that's correct), but I haven't seen any modules from the new company yet, I know the plan is to re-issue newer versions of some of the wmd modules

you should be able to pick them up used, but they may be expensive! or there may be a few left in stores!

you might want another filter, a waveshaper, a simple mixer, a clock divider, an end of chain mixer (with send/return) etc to get the most out of these modules...

how are you intending to mix the output of the modular and the analog rytm...

can the analog rytm be externally clocked?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi mate. As waveshaper I have picked the Joranalogue Audio Design Fold. Which mixer and filter can you recommend. End of chain will be a Midas Venice mixing desk.
The rythm sends midi clock to the beat step and the beat step sending clock to the Modul( Hope that is working like that)

Hi mate. As waveshaper I have picked the Joranalogue Audio Design Fold. Which mixer and filter can you recommend. End of chain will be a Midas Venice mixing desk.
The rythm sends midi clock to the beat step and the beat step sending clock to the Modul( Hope that is working like that)
-- Philekkk

well definitely an audio submixer - for combining the 2 vcos before hitting a filter - slightly detune one of them firat, & preferably a matrix mixer - add a nice quad lfo/envelope generator (zadar/batumi etc etc) to make the most of this for deriving complex modulations... but I'd also want at least one module like a happy nerding 3 x mia particularly for cv mixing/offset

I'd add a PNW (inexpensive used) or PPW to add clock divisions and a load of other features etc - will also help on the sync front - you might find you are better off with an expander for pams (to allow clocking from the rythm) and then clock the beatstep from Pams

I'd also add a simple clock divider as you can get square wave sub octaves out of it - /2 = -1ve, /4 = -2ve etc...

switches of all kinds are useful in live situations, as are 'scene controllers' - like Music Thing Modular Control

filters? I think they're very personal, and really you are only going to get recommendations of people's favourites (or whatever is trendy that week) - at least in terms of specific modules... personally I like Doepfer (for both utility modules and filters) as they are reasonably priced and do what they sau they do...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities