The Dreadbox Eudemonia filter takes an input CV of -5/+5 Volt. However, some of the Envelope Generators that I'm considering have an output CV of 0 to 10 V. Are they compatible?

yes, kind of... and kind of a common question... but...

you won't do any damage sending 10V into the eudemonia, what will happen is the envelope will be cut off at the top and the filter will never "close" properly

the solution is to use a negative offset of 5v... these are commonly found in attenuverters... or if you have it, maths - channel 2 or 3 have offsets built in - see the manual for which is 5v and which it 10v... other modules that also have this functionality (off the top of my head) are mutable shades and happy nerding 3 x mia...

this is why you NEED utility modules - they solve little problems that crop up all the time...

see my signature for a cheat sheet of how to get the most versatility from your modular for the least expense...

hope this helps!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks for the info. I'm reading as much as I can 'bout modular but stumble upon a standard problem every now and then.

Strange thing is that a lot of manuals of modules do not mention the voltages of CV in and/or out (the sometimes frowned upon Behringer does have excellent tables w/ all info you need for instance). Is there an "unwritten law" or standard like 0 to 10 V for filter CV in if not otherwise specified? I mean: even if you have a utility module, don't you have to know the exact voltage specifications of the modules to patch 'm together via a utility module?

Thanks for the info. I'm reading as much as I can 'bout modular but stumble upon a standard problem every now and then.

Strange thing is that a lot of manuals of modules do not mention the voltages of CV in and/or out (the sometimes frowned upon Behringer does have excellent tables w/ all info you need for instance).

but almost definitely because it was copied from the original...

Is there an "unwritten law" or standard like 0 to 10 V for filter CV in if not otherwise specified? I mean: even if you have a utility module, don't you have to know the exact voltage specifications of the modules to patch 'm together via a utility module?
-- MeneerJansen

not really, the only things that are "standard" are dimensions and power... and even then...

reality is you don't, most of the time I want attenuated modulation anyway... less is more etc

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities