I am interestrd in getting feedback on this rack.
Thank you

I've heard a lot of people having issues with doepfer midi->cv modules - I'd go for a mutant brain instead...

otherwise the top row kind of makes some sense... although you'd massively benefit from some vcas and some modulation sources and a second vco (to take advantage of the thru 0 fm on the one you have)...

the trigger sequencer makes no sense though... it takes up a huge amount of space & what are you triggering???? please explain your use case/reasoning for this....

& why 2 clock dividers on top of the trigger sequencer? what are you imagining using them for?

what type of music are you trying to make?

what other gear do you have?

these answers will help us make sense of the rack....

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
You’re right, I’m still learning and this is my first rack, but I want it to not waste money on modules that I won’t use.

I hope you can see my updated rack, it better
reflects my current situation.

how are you playing this? there is no sequencer or midi -> cv module

personally I'd swap out the mixer and the data for an expert sleepers es9 - this will add connectivity to your computer - for vcv rack integration (use a scope in vcv rack) and can be used as a standalone mixer and output... I'd go for a veils clone instead of the curiousers...

I'd also add a couple of simple evelope generatrs, a quad modulation source and a 3rd simple vco (so you can use the fm capabilities of the tzfm osc)

also some form of effect - delay and reverb especially would be a good idea...

on top of those some simple utilities are always going to be useful - something like a happy nerding 3 * mia, a kinks clone, some mults etc

maths is a fantastic module - don't forget to download the 'maths illustrated supplement' and work your way through it multiple times - concentrating on how, what and why it is doing what it is doing - this will massively help with your understanding of patching...

also take a look at my signature... it's a quick guide to getting the most versatility in patching for the least expense...

I would suggest starting with a single voice and the support modules that are needed to get them to work - ie a minimum viable synth - a sound source, a sound modifier, a way to play and a way to listen - possibly plus some of the utilities I mentioned above and learn those modules well before expanding then add a module or 2 once you are happy with your level of understanding and then repeat...

I want it to not waste money on modules that I won’t use

nobody wants to do this, but to a certain extent it is inevitable - you think you want a certain module only to find it's workflow or whatever doen't work for you... luckily there is a decent used market for modules - see marketplace - and often the only cost of tyring a module is the postage...

I think it'd also be a good idea to answer the questions I posed above - as the answers can really help us help you:

what type of music are you trying to make?

what other gear do you have?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities