Hello-- first time posting, very new to modular. I built this motley assortment from kits, and had a blast. I am slowly getting familiar with what it can do, but would love some patch suggestions for drones and some flowing ambient tones, and to help me learn!Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2316972.jpg

ModularGrid Rack

& the link to the rack, because jpgs are shit

ModularGrid Rack

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Here's a simple idea, you might not have thought of, to start you off—4 modules.

DUSTY PULSING DRONE:
1. Patch the SINE from your AI011 Analog VCO into your AI002 Mixer. Manually tune the VCO to a low bass note.
2. Patch the SINE from your DUAL LFO/VCO (VCO mode) into your AI002 Mixer. Manually tune the SINE to approximately the same note. You'll note how the SINES will beat against one another when they are close. That is, the volume will wobble rhythmically.

1. Patch the PINK NOISE Output from your EDU NOISE/S&H into the FM Input on your AI011 Analog VCO.
  2. Turn up the FM knob to taste. —You'll have a thick pulsating dusty-type character to your sound, good starting dirty timbre for ambient-drone stuff. It should sound like an incoming helicopter, train, or some kind of machine motor.

Experiment—go from there...