This question seems dumb but Ive searched a lot and haven't found a straight and applicable answer yet, so im asking here. I'm planning my first rack, which will be portable. I have everything I need for output at home, but constantly lugging around a clunky audio interface is a hassle and kind of defeafs the purpose of the rack being portable. Basically I'm wondering what people use for audio output when not at home, or potentially outside, which is something I hope to do at some point.

Knowing me I'm probably overthinking and missing something very obvious, but I'd appreciate any help.

I use the pico output from Erica Synths for my batery powered rack. I mostly use it with headphones but it also works great with speakers with a line in.

I use the pico output from Erica Synths for my batery powered rack. I mostly use it with headphones but it also works great with speakers with a line in.
-- Niemandsland

My only issue is I dont really have space for an output module, which I should've mentioned earlier.

You don't necessarily need anything special depending on what you want to run the audio into. My system is not portable at all but I use a couple of keyboard amps at home and I just turn the volume on the amps down and run a 1/8" to 1/4" TS cable straight from one of my mixer modules to each amp and that works perfectly fine.