Thanks for all the feedback. I'd always see small output modules on the edges of most cases ad found them a bit lacking. I like the idea of using a mixer to properly EQ and blend signals together, it's why I liked the cross fader from the Rosie. Now, I'd like something a bit more involved with the rest of the case that instead allows me to push a few signals out while also letting me to route effects, filters, and modulation.

Thanks for all the suggestions; definitely have something to think over now.

That's a bit concerning. Considering the fact that I would have to remove some other modules to make room for a built in mixer like from WMD or Qu-bit. I like the idea of Bastl's Ciao! being the EOC module to make sure the signals that pass through are set for other devices to handle: appropriate level and appropriate signal type.

I like the idea of Qu-bit's mixer since the externel one I have can be used to EQ it along with my other peripherals and instruments. Speaking of, I do have a skiff from before. I use it for controllers, like Pittsburgh Modular's KB-1 and pressure points for a more hands on touch to they system, but, admittedly, I rarely use since I just prefer to clock Maths and Just Friends and allow the patch to run off of them.
I wouldn't have an issue replacing those controllers with these mixing tools, and I help keep the 9U case as is while also freeing up space for some more modules in it. Would that be a good plan to start?

hmm... You made me consider a slight edit to the rack. I think I might add a Doepfer A-183-1 for passive attenuation of the synth into my mixer from which I can monitor from. If I don't monitor the levels from the mixer I would have a Rosie that I don't really get much out of. I could now just use a Quad VCA for mingling the Eurorack levels and then output them to the attenuators.

It would still eat up a ton of my VCAs but I also have better control of their level this way. I'm sure that would work for putting them into a mixer now, right?

Hmm... about reducing the level of the synth to line level. This is something that the VCA could do, right? I would think that if the level begins to exceed what, say directly to a speaker without the mixer between them, it would begin to clip and distort the signal and stress the material of the speaker. Do you mean that if it were to REALLY exceed line level it might cause me to smell burnt circuits?

Should I test it out just to be sure: both directly to the speaker and also through the mixer? Could I monitor the level on the mixer's VU meter?

So I have a Rosie in my Case, really nice that I can fade in between oscillators and effects but I also know that I can use an external mixer for the same thing, patching directly out of a VCA is also a thing and it would help free up some HP to add some more utility: S&H, Envelope Follower, maybe even some more VCAs.

I was thinking of replacing the Rosie with a Cold Mac, I love the Mannequins line of modules and really think that having Cold Mac along with some LFOs and other VCAs would be really fun for slowly blending sounds in and out of the patch. Would love some critique on the decision.

no boollie pls ModularGrid Rack