Thanks again for all of your useful contribution to the thread.

Thanks for that completely useless response. They are designed to come out of the box as well. They just don’t explicitly advise on signal flow when doing so. Figuring out that signal flow is the point of this thread.

Yea so prior to mounting in my eurorack it worked fine on it’s own. The dipswitch is hard wired to the board in the K-2 original case along with power, midi thru port and line output. So no chance i can put that in my rack. I always used it standalone with some simple patching with the model D and vice versa. I never attempted to use either as a midi thru device until I rack mounted them both and now that is the only way i’m going to be able to get my D to feed midi to the K-2. I only have a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol keyboard which unfortunately only has midi out over usb with no cv ports. Trying to avoid un-mounting the K-2 and i’ve seen very little out there in the way of people using it mounted. Scoured youtube for what seems like an eternity trying to figure this out too lol

When the K-2 is mounted you lose the usb midi input. I have a Model D that i’m am sending my midi thru to the k-2’s midi in, but for some reason i get nothing from the k-2. Does anyone know what i’m doing wrong? (Sending midi via usb to the model d from Logic Pro)

Wow. That did it. I swear i tried it before to no avail. Thanks a ton!

Hey all. Pretty wet behind the ears still with modular. I have a Behringer 182 that I’m using as a sequencer. Works fine on it’s own. I want to use Pamela’s Workout to dial in tempo for the external clock but nothing happens.

Basic setup is one of Pam’s outputs to the Tempo input of the 182. But it doesn't control the 182’s tempo. I know there is a step I am missing or some fundamental signal flow principle I may be overlooking. Send help