I’m sold! Will add some vca! Hope I didn’t offend anyone calling maths a utility:) thanks again for your responses and sharing your knowledge. Something I love about the modular community.
Will update in a bit!

Sorry my post was a bit all over the place.

Utilities: gonna start with maths…learn how I like to patch and buy more utilities.

I figure with PMW and maths will get me pretty far for now.

Also I’m slowly filling in my 1u rack. These are no brainers …mixer and mults. ( should have mentioned that)

The complex oscillator rabbit hole I went down led me to vampire and grone drone. The price point was a big factor. Looking for something to fill in the atmosphere.

Since I only own a few modules I’m still figuring out sound wise what I like. Only have YouTube for that. Filters are not high up on my list yet but if I can get a great oscillator with a filter for a good price I’m figuring why not.

Quantizer would be redundant if I grab one of the other modules.

Thanks!

Hello!
So my rack has evolved since this initial post.
Where I am at…
I have a DFAM, PNW and expander, a Mult and sound out.
I have 1500 to spend on some modules.
PLAN:
Maths
Drone Grone or Vampire( wish I saw some more vids on the vampire cause on paper it looks amazing and I’m worried I’m pulled towards the Grone drone course of clouds)
Mother 32
Some kind of quantizer
Echophon
Bloom
Can’t get them all but this was the order I was thinking.
Really loving my DFAM and PNW…I have a digitakt which I’m using for kick, snare and high hat ( love an real high hat and wish I could just have a drummer hitting hats while I mess around)
I know everyone has a different workflow and I’ve been learning about mine…. Love modular but don’t love needing 5 modules to make something musical. Which was why I ventured down the complex oscillator path. Happy the DFAM was my first module but feel like I might have gotten spoiled and think…what that’s just an oscillator with no filter?
Sorry…this turned more into a train of though then post but I guess I just wanted to give some background on my workflow thinking.
Thanks!

I am planing and hope to learn each of these modules well. I have a Digitakt (which got me into modular) I love it but find myself nitpicking over samples and then searching for new samples too much and wanted to start making those sounds myself. The wonderful thing right now is having a limited amount of modules is I really have to figure out what I can actually do and what each module is good at. (Where with the Digitakt...if I want to throw in a lfo...its a button and I move on) I'm sure I'll go throw some modules figuring out what works best for me. Will keep researching and decide on the right module...whether it be Maths or some version of it. Thanks everyone.

Cool! I was trying to fit the Intellijel oscilloscope in the beginning and was worried that I'd get stuck needing to visualize everything instead of just hearing it. But as I play with PNW I do fall into the trap of just turning a knob and hoping it does something I like. Because of that approach I may be just passing that sweet spot because I miss hearing what happens. An oscilloscope would help.
As much as I want to fill up this case, it has been nice to just have the DFAM and PNW. Play around and then reset.

Think I am gonna get Maths. I just keep hearing how it never really gets used and people don't dive deep into it, but that's not the fault of the module.
Thanks for all the advice!

Oh man…so much to think about. I dropped those modules in. I really like the Frap 321. I have to wrap my head around all of it. With the few modules I have…I go through the phase of just plugging things in and seeing what happens…to figuring out why that’s happening and then applying that knowledge to doing something planed out. I’m gonna have to take everyone’s advice and take out the DFAM. This has been super helpful. Gets me exploring other modules. Thanks!!!!

Thanks for the detailed response. I keep gong back and forth between maths and some version like rampage. Starting new I really like the idea of a dedicated module to do a specific task but that gets expensive and take up a lot of space. I figure I’m gonna take out dfam once I fill up the case but right now it look better then an empty hole. I get what you are saying about utilities. This rack will sure change as I add little by little. Loving how much more I can do with the dfam with just PNW. I’m using the quantizer on PNW now but was not loving using a cv input for it. But that premature cause I don’t have many modules yet. I did not know about dfam iirc…I’ll do some research.
And as for Fx aid…that looks amazing…already threw that in my modulargrid case.
Thanks again! The modular community has been super awesome and very helpful.

That’s it…feeling pretty good about my rack…I only own the DFam and PNW so I’m planing my next purchase. Figured another voice…Plaits…then a quantizer and Bloom…but in this setup…do I need maths?

Thanks for the response! That's the thing I don't want to happen! I don't want to just have all the fun stuff and then realize I'm missing something necessary. So beefier power...done!

Ok! So Moog mother-32 is coming and I am already thinking of expanding, but this is new territory. Everything I have done so far has solely been on my digitakt...and I love it! The only thing I dread is clicking through samples. So time to make my own sounds. So, I want this system to be a slow build. Maths and Plaits are my first additions. Trying to keep this in just another 60 HP...for now. The other 2...the Quad LFO and Chord Machine are the fun extras, but should they be? Am I missing anything necessary to have all these play nice together...including the digitakt?
Thanks!!!!