Hi folks
I'm using amazing EuroPi module from Alllen-Synth https://www.modulargrid.net/e/allen-synthesis-europi for connect my MIDI controller (pad or keyboard) to my modular by WI-Fi replacing raspberry Pico with raspberry Pico W.
The schema is so easy
MIDI control on USB -> Laptop/raspberry Zero -> EuroPi.

1- Connect midi controlller to PC
2- Open terminal and run miniMonitor.js (this script sniff the message on MIDI stream)
3- Open a second terminal and lance the server script
4 - Configure your controller by CLI
5- Connect to EuroPi Access Point
6- Start to stream by UDP message and value to Europi
7- Patch 6 Cvout and Play

Here you can find the first release of the script tested on Mac OSx Somona 14.2.1.
Inside micropPython folder you can found the script to upload on raspberry Pico W.
The forst release accept only one MIDI controller
https://github.com/glitched0xff/Midi2euroPiW
The script is in Js and need NodeJs installed on your PC.

If someone will try let me know how you think about.
I'm working also on MQTT/OSC -> Europi bridge by Wifi.
A good solution to work without laptop is to install on raspberry Zero with powerbank :)

Thanks
Glitched0xff

Hi dears
I'd like to record my session and experimenting with ambisonic and audio360.
My setup is eurorack modular (from vca out ti mixer), model-d and some DIY stuff. All mix with xenix1200fx
I'd like record every instruments in differenti traks.
What is a good solution on budget for recording?
Is Better an USB mixer like ZEDi-10FX (anybody use it?) or a sound card?

Thanks and synth the world

Hi folks
I buy from famous on line DIY modular shop the Envelope(great and beautiful module) and 0hp EQ from ST modular.
The eq is very intresting 0hp utility that has good quality of filtering and i love all this 0hp workmate particulary when i play with my diy blip&drone machine.
Now i'd like to buy more but I'm from IT and thanks to Brexit the ship from England + tax + duties is prohibitive.
Anybody can suggest a schema for reproduce it?

Thanks
Glitched0xff

Thanks to all for yours advices.
Stages of Mutable Instruments is very interesting but Iā€™d like something more easy for take practice with the roots of eurorack.
Top tap z400 or Erica Synth seem like a good starting point.

Thx glitched0xff
šŸ‘šŸ»

Hi dear
I'm googling about an adsr. I'm searching something with CV controller on all parameters.
I stuck in the doubt on: befaco Adsr, Danny sound looping VCADSR or the cheapest Doepfer a-140. Also if a-140 still the cheapest (thinking to DIY for befaco and Danny) how about function and quality?
What you think about this module? All advice is appreciate.

Thanks
Glitched0xff

Thanks JimHowel1970 and Lugia for your advice i take a look at modules that you suggest and are very interesting in particular case I'd like try Frequency Central and z-blob DIY kit.

@JimHowell1970
For input I use korg sq-1 or keabord, for output I use a 12 track mixer.

Thanks Glitched0xff

Hi
This is my first rack, i try to optimize module, space and money.
I just have a Beringer neutron but i search something that can be play also alone.
The music that i'd like to play is drone/ambiet and i hope the module that i choose can be a good choice (for music and pocket =)

[MyRack]

This is the datasheet https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules_racks/data_sheet/1644476

All modules are about 863ā‚¬ without case
The Fixed band filter is so big but i love this for drone and the 914 is the cheapest one.

Now the questions:
- I'm doing a bullshit?
- I try also to compact env, vca, s/h and lfo two each module thinking to expansion, what you think about this choice, is too much 2 env, 2 s/h 4Vcas and 4 lfo for begin?
- I'm uncertain about the DreadBox Hysteria that seems like interesting and cheap VCO, what do you think about this module?
- Dystopia seem like a good(and also cheap) flexible noise generator for s/H and dron, have you got some advice?

Thanks in advance for your advices
Glitched0xff

Thanks Ronin, your advices give me a line to follow in evolution on my rack. I'm just thinking some effect and mixer module and a turing machine.
Thanks Lugia for link, i check subrack and I'll take that into consideration as alternative to wood-box.

Hi ModularGridCommunity
I'm very newbbie, i'm play around with Neutron and Model D but i'd like to build my own modular to upgrade my layer of sound.
I'm oriented to ambient/drone music and this two machine start to be to tight.

I'd like to start from case and i have 3 question:
-I think to project an 82 or 104 HP rack system, my goal is to think a modular that can grow up in future and also can be portable, i can't decide because i can't figure how this machine can evolve, have you got some advice about it?

• I'm stuck on decision to project a rack with 3u+1u or 6u, this because i see some intresting 1umodule and this can make me save space for portability, but intellijel module are expensive and there is some 3hp module that do the same. What you think about it? Is there a plate that can mount 1u in 3u?

• Buy just build or diy rack? I watching around for case and the affordable option for me is Bheringer or tipTop rail to insert in case, seem like easy but less flexible. Buy 84hp prebuilt rail or buy the components for diy have similar costs.
    I see on modularsynthlab . com that offer all components for build rack. For case i'd like to build myself (some like a wood suitcase where i can insert also my neutron and model-d) also because suitcase modular are too expensive. The power adaptor that i choose is Eurorack Power KIT, Modular Synth Power KIT, MW RT65B - KIT 2 (1x PSU + 1x Power Socket + 2x Bus Board) and seem like a safe starting point.
    What you think about diy or buy and kind of issue i can find building case?

Thank to all for your answer, I am sailing in the open ocean on a nutshell :)