Waiting for a video on this one. Have really enjoyed the Pkhi. Very good build quality and interesting feature set.

I follow this tread for the latest https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4084568#p4084568

Good thing is depending on the builder you can swap out 3 for 4 on most uO_C.... so, get what's avialable and you should be able to upgrade (getting much easier thanks to the community becoming active again) once the new code comes out. There's a video on youtube showing you how.

Teensy 4 code is still in the works for Phazerville (beta is avialable). Squares and Circiles is working on 4 though. There is also new HW being developed for 4... that maybe ready early 2024... which is very exciting.

Looks like a nice concept, it has my attention... needs a good demo. We'll likely see more circular screens. Skippy is another that just came out.
One question is... can we flip the screen and interface so we have jacks on top? This would seem to almost be a requirement these days...

Edit... Firmware update includes the flip. Nice.

Nice! Yes, something like this would be great.
👍👍

I would like to easily filter out blank panels.
-- jgb

Second on this

Super easy transaction with @wtkdwc
Communication, shipping, packaging all top notch.
I wanted one... ended up with two... both in perfect condition functionally and visually.
Recommended.

Spend time with what you have... It's a good selection. Sweelinck does a great job of finishing out the case with some nice options based on what you mentioned and I agree... Filter, mixer, fxaid xl or pro and outs would be my next steps as well. All very personal choices... Put your research hat on and happy wiggling

Wow... Nice headphones. Planar tech is neat stuff. May have to find a vendor locally just to give them a listen. Big thanks everyone!

Thanks for the feedback. I may have to look at AKG... Can test a few here locally which is pretty important. I don't have any experience with them. Not my favorite flavor... But, I have a soft spot for Sony dj cans... A bit bright with a boomy low-end if memory serves... But the memories... And their great design. I also see a lot of relative new comers to the game... Any other suggestions?

Thread: Travel Rack

Nice setup. Lots of wiggling opportunities here... With on the fly field recordings... I imagine it becomes pretty awesome. Enjoy the trip.

Just curious. I've always been a big fan of sennheiser (crisp mids, solid lows, little fatigue on long sessions.. For me at least) and prefer over the ear cans... Although recently I've been using some pretty respectable pods... But... What are you using and why?
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modulaire-maritime-victor-alpha-2 (recommended) is my output so... Bluetooth works as well.

Worth it... Super useful and fun when paired with a mic or other signals.
Book... Is not too bad... Kinda nice to have a hardcopy of something around the hobby that you can hand to friends when they ask "what's that thing blinking over there and where is that noise coming from?"

I was just asking this question... But Google keeps telling me no...
Just bought it... I'm sure I'll get something from the book... But more from the NTS-2

Good communication, tracked shipping and good packaging from @thepinkgrapefruit.

I'm about to list some things as well... Was thinking startup and in action clips would be welcome as well. Certainly for more expensive kit. Be honest with when You can ship and most importantly... IMO... Communication.
That to me can make a difference between PayPal f&f or not.

Maybe this can help... Or... Maybe not...
https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230155

Hi, should likely post this over on mod wiggler... but that would require finally creating an account...
https://vonkonow.com/wordpress/leet-modular/

There was a brief conversation here =
https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3766271&hilit=leet#p3766271
https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3716463&hilit=leet#p3716463

They look cool... could be pretty cheap to make a small run... not sure how much work it would be to polish the code a bit... or port something... but it all looks to be there and more or less ready to go.
Any thoughts, opinions, interests?

Thread: used parts

Hi, what do your patches look like now? Any particular type of groove? That could help. "basically inventing stuff as I go" is pretty much the way to go IMO. Any output to any input is a good mindset whe you feel a little overwhelmed... Also "let me duplicate that and see where that goes" and "does that respond to audio rate" can be fun, especially for modulation.
For a module... If you like the 100 series... The sequencer is worth a look... Clock, control and pitch... Frees up an lfo and Can open up some new doors... Even if your making Simi-generative stuff

Cheers

Perfect sale from @op1user.
Also, a rare face to face transaction... Was cool.

Easy purchase from @pawluszyn
Good communication and well packed.

A couple of good transactions with @-ADR- and @gusargrk this month. Good people.

You were quicker than me :)
Note to self: no posting after 10pm
To be honest, when I first saw the setup my though was Hermod, PAMS... then bring down an FXaid, the Cosmotronic and Caio.
One case for most of your inputs, sequencing and for your final FX and outputs to whatever.
I do think you'll have no problem sequencing all the things regardless what you decide for the drums (all good choices of course).
Cheers!

Agree, could be the Hector. There is a patch you can try that is supposed to help.
https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3694729&hilit=hector#p3694729

I don't have any issues with mine on an Befaco Excalibus with a bunch of other digital toys.
It is a slow beast to start... but a powerful one.

Easy transaction with @Tomkrut

Smooth and quick transaction with @mircori

Ah, OK. Big Thanks.
I thought the Jacks maybe assigned / configured at the application layer. Moving on

Easy... I hope... Is the hardware underneath the same? Meaning, could I load hemispheres on a utile!? Yeah the panel may not be right... But that's an easy fix. Just curious because of the price difference. Digital ports maybe?
I'll admit my quick Google and forum searches didn't get me an answer... So I'm here. Big thanks!

I own a Temps Utile. If I had to do it over again, I'd get Pam's New Workout instead.
-- Ronin1973

Anyone know about the godfried?
It looks like what I want for everything... Like temps but with a start, stop and reset... I was going to email...
With o_c could be interesting.

big thanks to both of you 😊

-- Dub007

for case parts and module kits (including the excalibus) - exploding-shed.com is really worth checking

if you do get a excalibus then you'll need a rug wart - basically a laptop power supply - you should be able to find one that will work perfectly online for 20€ or so

-- JimHowell1970

I can walk to their shop... So.. This is now a given. Thank you. Got the rug wart... Doesn't everyone have that box or bin? And depending on final power draw... The USB adapter and bank.
Exploding shed is bookmarked as well and I bounce between while "researching". Good stuff

My case suggestion would be Case From Lake. See here: https://reverb.com/shop/casefromlake

They do some pretty solid cabs, and you'll notice that they can make extensive bespoke modifications...adding tile rows, different panel space, choices between beefy Meanwells and Doepfer's current A-100 supply. Bus boards included, too. Not as cheap as DIY, true, but they do make things far simpler.
-- Lugia

I have them booked marked; amazing work. In a past life I may have made furniture and appreciate the details and the overall attention to detail and usability.

Big thanks for the insights and advice!
One correction right off the bat… and I do apologize. 84hp or 114hp.
The 114 was from here… which is an option still to be honest =https://www.ginkosynthese.com/product/758573/wooden-diy-case-114hp
100% = the Mantis is brilliant.

Regarding power… a MeanWell kit from ModularSynthLab… was at the top… but, looking at the Excalibus… may rethink. Even if I have to add a second for whatever reason.
I’m sold on the 1U row vs eating 3U HP. I may build for it now and add rails later for example when needed.
Rails are most likely coming from MDLR Case… I like their 3D printed bits… if they are still in stock.

I appreciate the insight on the modular manufacturing world. I knew they were all small… but didn’t fully realize it.
I see similar mentions in other posts. I do plan to build a few modules as I go and 100% put my money where it’s due… unless it’s second hand.

I’m using a pretty cheap 6 channel mixer right now… but I move things around and wanted a way to play this thing on my terrace for example. The HPO does look like an acceptable alternative.

The FX aid was one of the first things I added… I had no idea they are the same platform… didn’t research enough on this one. Price was another factor.. but…

Ergonomics was a topic I was just reading about… and I agree. It may have been one of you that wrote it.
Going to relook at the Picos and Knit… part of the fun.

Again, big thanks to both of you 😊

Hi Amazing humans.
What we're working with... Neutron, Werkstatt, NTS-1, Keystep, SQ1 and... PLINKY!
Plinky got me looking into modular over the summer. It may or may not be racked... need to build the CV expander.
I'm only showing 88HP... but the case I'm looking to build in January will likely be 6U at 88HP or 114HP. 1U is still an option.. but the Xodes things are an option as well. Why not Mantis... price and it's winter... why not have a project?
This is the starter kit. Something to get me patching more and curious...
Workflow is left to right as my brain demands it.
Nothing super flashy but I think there is some room to play and make "happy mistakes".

Or... is there? Am I missing anything or have something I just don't need? I know O_C and Temps can wait awhile if needed.
I'm big on open source... small and local makers if possible (I'm in Europe).

Goal is to make noise and smile once in awhile :)
What do you think?