hello everyone. After selling my last system a couple of years ago i wanted to get back into synthesis. this is my new rack. ModularGrid Rack
I am making generative ambient stuff and also do some sampling into a 404. i only make music at home for fun so i do not plan on taking this out of my house.
I put the moog mother 32 in the case because i cannot stand blank space. i plan on removing it at some point and putting modules in its place.
These are the things i am thinking about putting in:
Plaits clone or another oscillator
some cv mixer
zadar eg
morphagene
another filter
sum diff module
frap 321 utility
Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

I am the same tentacle monster. Thank you, I will look up that "Maths Illustrated" Great advice.

ModularGrid Rack

Thank you woeps! I appreciate all of the time you spent helping me. I have some more CV generators, you were very right about that. I got rid of that big fx box. I have this new stuff coming on Wed. I don't want to have more than one case, that will be a money pit for me. Still figuring out where to place stuff in the case so this is the tentative placement.Just doing this for fun. I wanted to have the rack play while I draw in my studio. Might replace maths with the module you suggested. I guess I will sell the used modules on ebay or reverb. Thanks again!

Thank you woeps!

That is some great information. I will digest some of this and let you know what I come up with. I actually have all of the modules in the rack I originally posted and I am messing around making noise figuring things out. I agree that there are not enough cv generators. I will look into your suggestions. I definitely agree that Doepfer FX unit takes up a lot of space that could be accomplished with a smaller unit. I am not married to any of these modules so I appreciate all of the advice.
Thank you again,
The Tentacle Monster

ModularGrid Rack

Sold all of my turntables, drum machines, records, samplers and synths in an effort to de clutter my house. I have always wanted to get into modular so this was the time. I would like your thoughts on my first rack. I am just fiddling around and wanted a rack that could be an all around style rack. I planned on ambient but I occasionally like to make some stuff with drums. I am enjoying the journey. My wife thinks it is less expensive to "Build your own synthesizer" than to have keyboards and things laying around so let's let her think that, :). Any thoughts are appreciated.

--The Tentacle Monster--