Lately I tried out a Sovage Engineering Faille Temporelle, and while being also a very cool analog-ish delay with plenty of distortion available on tap, I missed a bit the ability to tap tempo and stereo i/o. Yester kind of cover the stuff I liked on the Faille Temporelle, it is less wild and but more controllable/predictable.
When compared to the Melotus and Imitor, Yester is very straight forward to use (I always had a bit on a headache to understand how MV and IV work, and how to use these for more conventional delay duties). Electus is also amazing and huge sounding, but it still has the tendency to go into reverb, since the base DNA is from the Desmodus.

The only things I would like to be different on YV are (but I close an eye about these):
- capability to self-oscillate (it does a tiny bit with the right settings, but it's not wild as a BBD delay)
- the Wavefold-distortion placed after the filter Tone. It can be a bit harsh sometimes.

This popped out yesterday on Noise Engineering, and so far I love it!
I always enjoyed the Versio platform, and Desmodus and Electus were my main firmwares to go. But I hoped NE would come up with a more straight forward delay, not as peculiar as Melotus or Imitor, and less reverb-oriented as Desmodus and Electus.
Finally they did it!
For me it's a best of most features I loved in the Versio delays, and it is capable of some brutal, massive sounds!

Thanks!
In the end I ordered the Colossus Audio RASP!

Can you tell us a bit more?
Do you plan also to use your modular, also to process external gear?
Check out Ornaments and Crime and Disting Ex. Especially O_C may be very intersting for your generative idea.
Also I highly suggest you to check VCV Rack. It helped me a lot to understand few basic and start putting together ideas for my Skiff.

Thank you for your comments!
Another module I am considerind is also the Colossus Audio RASP
https://colossusaudio.com/

Hello,
to complete my skiff a good addition would be a Random and S&H module.

I am considering these 2 options:
Doepfer A-118-2
Erica Synth Pico RND

What would you suggest (other options max 4HPs are welcome too), and what are your experiences with these modules?

Other modulation sources I have in the skiff are:
Doepfer A-145-4 Quad LFO
Centrevillage Saw (MS20 style Saw+Square LFO/VCO)
DivKid ochd
Schlappi Engineering Boundary

thanks!

This is my skiff at the moment (Make noise 104hp skiff, which actually has place up to 106HP (!), second row are 5 modules I have aside, and switch times to times to have some variety):
ModularGrid Rack

I won't worries so much, and if you buy a new module it may be very likely that it'll be shipped already with the new firmware. For example Michigan Synth works are already shipping their Beehive/Plaits with 1.2 installed!

https://michigansynthworks.com/collections/euromodules-test/products/beehive-8hp-plaits

So when you do a firmware update do you have to re-calibrate?
-- wishbonebrewery
Here no issues at all after updating the module. All works fine.

There's a new firmware v1.2 available for Plaits (works also with all Plaits clones like Beehive, etc...)!
It features 8 new additional modes, which are pure bliss and cover a lot of sounds and textures from ambient/drone, 80s synth FM galore, and up to noise/industrial/harshnoise bonanza.

Here a play thru ALL new sounds available in the new Modes, just Plaits/Beehive as free runner oscillator!

Find the files to update your module here:
https://forum.mutable-instruments.net/t/plaits-firmware-update/20719

Btw today I mounted a new module inside the Skiff (Black Noise Sallen Key MS20 filter), and also some blank panel.

I got as many blanks to close all the holes inside this 104HP long case.... and big surprise... I'm left with exactly a 2hp gap at the end! does anybody else ever noticed this additional space on their Skiffs?

Yes, that was also my plan, to get some Knurlies! I took a better look yesterday evening at the Skiff, and the spacing of the rail is so tight, a M3 screw won't fit.

I'm new to the modular world and for my first system I bought a second hand Make Noise Skiff (powered), and started populating it with some modules (tbh I wanted a smaller case, but I don't regret the buy).

I have a question about it (more out my curiosity): its sliding nuts are M2.5, but from what I see most racks/cases uses M3 screws (and all the modules I bought were supplied with a set of M3 screws).

Can I replace the sliding nut from M2.5 to M3, will they fit into the Skiff's grooves?
Did anybody else tried this mod before?

For anybody wondering how the Skiff is looking out now (still pleanty of room available, but as a starter I'm super happy like this, no need for anything else at the moment, and pleanty of possibilites. If you wonder: I have also a Korg SQ1 and Arturia Keystep to trigger sequences and sounds):
ModularGrid Rack

Hello,
I have a same question about the very same topic.
I'm new to modular and started to get interested into this since few weeks, but have years of experience with guitars, pedals, synth, noise machines, etc.

My possible approach to a modular system would be to have something that I can both use stand alone (like in a drone/noise/ambient manner) or together with my guitar and synths and made so that I can implement/interface it also with instruments levels so that I can rout it thru my guitar pedalboard for example.

I did some experiments with VCV Rack, and found very powerful a combination of Plaits and a second VCO/oscillator combined with a quad LFO to generate sounds and drones.
After talking with a friend and try out few his modules, I also got very interested about Schlappi and Noise Engineering modules. For example I like a lot the Desmodus series, since the same module can be loaded with all firmwares available. Boundary looks like I swiss army knife that I can use as VCO, envelope, etc...
But I also find Doepfer modules to be super cool, simple and utile to what you need them for.

I would like to keep it as small and compact as possible, like 64HP. After few mindstorms, I came up with this first idea, pictured below.

My only concern at the moment is the Strymon AA.1: are there any other alternatives out there for such "guitar interfaces", so that, as said, I can insert my guitar (or another synth) into this system and then go out back into my pedalboard?
What modules to you use? Otherwise any other advices?

ModularGrid Rack