For power groups, I just have a "Power Check Rack" for each power group. Basically I just setup 3 rack skiffs, one for each power group, and keep it updated every time I do a redesign.

ModularGrid Rack

Would also take arrangement suggestions.

Finally saying goodbye to the Cre8 Nifty modules (cellz and chips). I have a Patching Panda Operat on the way to replace the Chips module. I'll actually miss Cellz a bit as a handy touch controller, but I was using it less and less ever since getting a CV.OCD. I've got a lingering 2hp in the top row that I could fill with a 2hp VCO, but it doesn't really feel necessary in this build. I suppose I could use it for a FM/RM/AM source... Just seems like I might get more use out of an additional 8hp if I pull the Erica CV Processor (although I'm thinking this might be an interesting tool for intermingling the Oscillators in the Operat).

I mostly use this rack for sound design/soundscapes when patching for fun, or to build clip/loop-based jams on the BitBox when I'm struck with the inspiration to compose something a bit more formal/traditional. Not really into generative (I like listening, just not so much making it). I lean more into funky/lofi/trip-hop/industrial/boom-bap type stuff on most days. This is also not an all-in-one build or performance build. I'm trying to sharpen the focus on sound design options, not necessarily a rack where I can use every module in every patch. I'm ok with letting some modules go unused here and there. A good example of this is the Step Sequencer. I use it in maybe 1/5 patches, but when I do I'm extremely glad it is there.

Any good folk out there want to take a stab at redesigning or optimizing this build?

1) VCAs. The more the merrier right? My DIY Dual VCA is doing well, but I often find myself needing more control, both over audio signals and CV. Modules that I've been considering for this are Intellijel Quad VCA and Mutable Instruments Blinds.

Veils is an excellent option. I own the Intellijel quad VCA and it is fantastic.

2) Random CV modulation. This is a big one for me. I've been on a quest to create quasi-random CV and LFOs for my ambient generative patches. I've been able to get away with it a bit using Tides and some CV mixing. I love randomly modulating the voices I use! From my research so far, I hear Mutable Instruments Marbles is great for this.

I have marbles which is great for this. But I'm also thinking that you have stages, which (if you update to the qiemem firmware) gives you a 4th stage-type, which is Random CV. Worth looking into and could shift your focus away from a random module and more towards supplementing your EGs. Just a thought.

Tetrapad and tete combo
acid rain navigator
-- Broken-Form

Good suggestion on the Tetrapad + tete. I already have a navigator, but I suppose 2 couldn't hurt :). The navigator is still sitting in the GO case (bottom left) but will be moved to the skiff once I reassemble.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Here is my rack(s) as they stand today. This represents a full Behringer GO and a NiftyCase. Would like to keep a lot of audio and modulation in the GO case, and utilize the Nifty for control modules. Was curious about opinions of control modules here (joysticks, rene or pressure points, real tactile stuff). Not really looking for sequencers per se. I already use a Squarp Pyramid and a CV.OCD to get 4 cv/gate channels for the voices.

Any recommendations of really interesting tactile modules that can work well for providing/altering CV or audio signals? Would also take any suggestions for gaps you may see in the rack (utility and logic, mostly).

ModularGrid Rack

Just received this module today and I must say it is an extreme value. 4x4 Buffered Matrix Mixer w/ Uni/Bi-polar switches per output channel for roughly $120 shipped from Netherlands to the US. A real treat. Still awaiting power consumption specs, something I totally forgot about while purchasing, so for now it's sitting on it's own in an otherwise empty niftycase until I'm certain I won't be pushing the specs of my main case.

However, I tested and played with it for about 30 minutes earlier today and it's tons of fun. Can't wait to really incorporate into my workflow.

Anybody have any unique tips/links for Matrix Mixer usage?

@greenfly

I quite clearly got the impression that they were preying on my naivety about Eurorack and stated at one point in the discussions that a lighting bolt may have caused a momentary power surge on the 5v rail causing their modules to burn out which is really odd as none of my other modules were affected.

That def sucks.

They play the clowns as part of their marketing strategy but the reality is that is who they are and its a shame the guy from Pittsburg Modular is associating himself with them. They probably roped him into their scam to improve their credibility factor and its something they are really pushing through the shills on youtube they've recruited.

This feel a bit presumptuous and a little unfair. I will say that I also had issues with my first power board also. Bought it in June of last year. The -12v rail only provided -3v. This was the response I got 1 day later:

Hi [merzky_shoom],

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about this issue.

It sounds like a component on the power supply may have failed or has been damaged. Was this happening from initial purchase or suddenly? If suddenly, please provide a little more detail ie. modules used, describe what happened when it failed, and anything else you think might prove useful.

Regardless, we can quickly send you a replacment board that can easily be installed (a nut and a screw). We will provide video instructions as well.

Please send us your shipping address and answers to the questions above so that we make sure that we're fully treating the issue.

Thanks much!

All the best,

Al

2 days later the board was shipped. I'm sorry to hear that you had a different experience. I did "upgrade" to a Behringer Eurorack GO, and it's good value for sure... but the case is almost full and I'm not 100% confident that it's the most dependable solution for the $4000 worth of modules that are sitting in it. My hope is to properly upgrade my case before end of October.

Not trying to take away from your perspective or personal experience, I've just had a couple of very good customer service experiences with them. The other involving feature requests and what-not.

And at least one of their founders was working with a previous Modular manufacturer before splitting off to create Cre8Audio, so IMO it isn't likely they just popped up out of nowhere and said, "Here's a market we can take advantage of"

I mean, I don’t exactly disagree with either of you as far as other companies that make great modules. I’m just not exactly ready to write off cre8audio as a manufacturer because their very first 2 modules to hit production were not $300 quality at a $99 pricepoint. Especially since their entire point was to get people “up and running” immediately in a compact, cost-effective package. I doubt longevity is on anyone’s mind who purchases them. It certainly wasn’t an expectation of mine when I first got them. I didn’t expect them to even last this long.

Just seems like an odd take to me. Especially going as far as to speak to the future readers of this thread and steer them away from a module before literally any evidence of their quality is understood, in either direction.

Dreadbox is a great company. My first (and only, now sold) semi-modular was an NYX and it was great.

Noise Reap also. I had the swiss army mixer in my niftycase within a few weeks of getting the Nifty.

I just genuinely don’t understand why you would condemn a product or it’s producer so strongly without any concept as to the actual module in question and whether it represents an improvement in quality, no change, or a degredation. All of which are quite possible, surely.

and I'd rather have to swallow my pride and question my own ethics rather than having a smoking hole in a rig and a related smoking hole in my wallet.

@Lugia

These modules are a collaboration with Pittsburgh Modular. I watched Richard Nicol's demo of these modules last night, and I was extremely impressed. For $99, this filter does a lot. And I doubt Richard would put his company's name on the line without extensive testing.

I understand that their initial roll-out of the Chips and Cellz has given plenty of reasons to be skeptical, but I have had both of them in my modular for over a year now and they still work as expected to this day. I don't have any need for the new Cr8/Pittsburgh modules, but I wouldn't dissuade anyone from buying them, especially if someone is looking for a low-cost entryway into modular that doesn't involve the controversial and ethical trappings of Behringer's low-cost alternatives.

@nickgreenberg One way to accomplish this would be through a multi-input switch and a module that outputs static voltage/offsets (for instance, Noise Engineering's Lapsus Os, without any inputs plugged in). You could set each of the Lapsus Os channels to the correct voltages for your 4 sweet spots, route each of them to the switch, and then either trigger the switch using CV or by manually changing the channel.

Something like the Erica Synths Sequential Switch v2 would be nice for this, as you could select channels manually in "Piano" mode, or have it automatically sequence through the channels in one of it's many triggered modes (Forward, Backward, Random, etc.)

Keep in mind, the solution above only really works for sequencing one set of voltages, unless you mult the output of the Switch and further mangle/scale/mix them downstream before inputting them into your sound source's timbre inputs

Nice FX!!
I just sold the little one to get the XL...
Escape from noise should still have some.
-- Rabel

Was considering the little one as a supplemental FX unit to go along with the Black Hole DSP 2. Would you not recommend it?

maybe look at 2hp for a kick and snare - maybe even a hats - do check for depth though - 2hp can be quite deep and the nifty case does not seem that deep
-- JimHowell1970

Just a heads up that any 42mm deep 2hp modules should fit just fine in the Nifty. I've had the VCO and the VCA in that case, and while it is tight, there is still a few mm of clearance once seated.

Maybe Sweetwater will redirect this to either the Mutable or Intellijel version on their website, like they did with the Swing. I thought that was a nice gesture...and once they did it, you really didn't hear much about the Swing anymore.
-- Lugia

@Lugia Did they really do this? I never noticed but that is a pretty cool move for a company that I thought had done a complete 180 on Behringer. I remember years ago when they didn't even sell Behringer products at all, for whatever reasons they had.

@Egocentre Are Intelijel designs even open source? This just seems like straight-up theft with the expectation that Intellijel wouldn't be able to pay for litigation against a mammoth like Behringer.

Running out of space. Thinking of removing a few modules but curious what the rack masters might say about what I've built thus far, what is missing, what is redundant, or what is not functional enough to merit a place in this rack.

I intend to use this as a starting canvas for a my songs. It doesn't need to fit a generative or ambient purpose. Really, I just want a palette of tools to build whatever might be inspiring to me that day: a motion-sequenced pad, a thick bassline, a nice melodic pluck synth, or a hard edged lead tone.

This will be integrated into the rest of my studio gear with 4 other synths, a drum machine, an MPC, microgranny, a few rackmount units. I'm generally using a Squarp Pyramid to build sequences and songs, however still need a Midi->CV converter. Leaning towards a Yarns clone (mBrane from Michigan is likely as I need the reduced hp). I would also love to get a dedicated Waveshaper/folder, but the Vult Freak and the Disting have both functioned well for me when I needed one. I can always rely on the Ikarie as a filter if I need to utilize the Freak for a different function.

What say you, fine patchers of the web? How would you change this rack? Have at it. Tear it apart. Suggest things in spite of my tastes and aesthetics. It's good challenge and keeps me thinking. Really appreciate anyone who has taken the time to even read this far.

Stay funky.

ModularGrid Rack

AND was about as stable as nitroglycerine being handled by Bobcat Goldthwaite.
-- Lugia

@Lugia Excellent simile. Curious to know how it will land with the younger crowd on here though lol. Showing (y)our age!

Thread: Disting mk4

I mostly use it as a random utility module. Most commonly as a "Precision" adder. Also frequent the Quantizer, Rectifier, Logic, Comparator, Compressor, Min/Max, Pitch Reference/Tuning. I'd like to dive into the shift registers next to see how they perform as the closest I have to one is Pachinko (Marbles). Generally though, I'm patching and repatching and repatching in the same session, layering different parts in the BitBox. So I'm more comfortable now with jumping around different algos on the Disting in essentially the same session. It really isn't that bad, especially if you KNOW what you want it to do right now, even less bad so if you do as suggested above and save your favorites.

First 30 days with it, I just picked a different algo everyday I sat down and tested with it, unless there was some other module that I wanted to focus on learning/practicing/testing

I've never used the disting for fx, oscs, sample playback, trigger/pattern generation (until I get to shift registers) or filters. I'm sure they're fine though.

Was curious what methods people could suggest to stress test a powered case (obviously, without just maxing it's power supply with modules)? Can you use a bench power supply to draw current? (never owned one). Are there devices made to do this? And if so, could you point me to an example device?

I'd really like to run an experiment on the Behringer Go and see once and for all whether this thing is likely to fry some modules and at what draw the whole system starts to become unstable.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My rack is filling out and, out of fear, I'm getting ready to upgrade from the GO to something more reputable/field-tested, and I figured it might be a useful, if anecdotal, experiment for the community to see how close to the spec'd power you can really push this thing.

@Lugia 321 is a good idea. I'm having difficulty finding any Happy Nerding OUTs, any other alternatives with 2 stereo ins you might recommend? I do like the idea of having 1/4" outputs rather than needing to convert with a 1/8" splitter or 2 1/8" to 1/4" cables.

ModularGrid Rack

@Lugia @JimHowell1970 Thanks for all the opinions/input. This is where I am today with it. (Preview is inaccurate)

Still around 2/3rds of the +12v, shaved a few off the -12v rail. Depth is doable, 2 free power connectors on the board, and some inclusions/alternatives to your suggestions that I thought most prudent.

Thoughts? Either of you have any experience with the Droid module?

@Lugia Just curious what your total Amperage is that you're drawing off your circuits? How many dedicated circuits do you have in your home for the studio gear? Any tweaks to the electric worth mentioning?

but is it primarily an instrument or a fetish totem???
-- JimHowell1970

I do the all black thing, and it's kind of important to me because I prefer to look at the unit as a cohesive, singular instrument rather than a collection of parts. I dunno, it just helps me view the whole thing at once rather than each module as their own island. Perhaps this is a rookie problem though.

I see you've got a couple switches in there already. Do you blow your hair back the way they do mine?
-- wrecksmoondee

Oh jeez I love the Erica switch, especially for the price they were offloading them at. Had underutilized it as a complex modulation "source" for the first few months with it, as I was enamored with creating melodies from every audio signal I could push through it. But yeah I often find myself starting patches with "What could I do with the switch now?"

The manual switches have performed the job I got them for, but I haven't run into too many problems for them to solve for me just yet. I've also got a couple of complex modules that I'm still trying to get under my fingers and into my workflow, so time will tell.

What would you say is your most recent "favorite" use for your switches?

I'd want a lot more utilities
-- JimHowell1970

WRT this point, any kinds of utilities you see missing from this that you personally couldn't live without? Not assuming that your needs will meet mine, please keep in mind. I just haven't found much need for any others that can be replaced with something 0hp/outboard. With the one exception being a precision adder... which I reluctantly took out of this build.

I didn't think I'd ever want more than 144hp - until I did... took about 6 months to get to that point and now I have about 1200hp - but saying that I may have stopped at 208hp if I'd bought a bigger case to start with (mantises were not available at the time)

As a 40 year old who didn't upgrade live 8 until this year, still works with mostly digital synths from the early 00s, and rarely if ever sells/trades/upgrades gear... I really don't feel I have an issue. I'm not interested in collecting and I've learned that shiny new lights are only shiny for a week. With that said, there are bound to be moments of GAS in my future, but only minimally modular GAS. Famous last words... I know.

odd-pairings are probably a good idea and overlap is no bad thing

Good tip.

if you want to stay at this point - stop coming to modulargrid, don't go to any other modular forums, don't go to any shops either online of in real life - don't communicate with other modular synthesists - these are all sources of gas

Lol. That's sorta the idea yeah. I am not a community guy, per se. Wonderful community. But wouldn't want to be a part of any club that would have me. Plus, staring at a forum/blogs/videos is just not what I do, really. I prefer to spend my time in front of a computer either at work, or making music.

I'd want a lot more utilities - they make everything else go both further and different - probably another 100hp or so of them for that many voices - balanced rack = 30% utilties, 20% modulation sources - other 50% = sequencers, filters and vcos

Thanks that's a good equation to go by. I still have a NiftyCase hanging around, so I may try my hand at building some utilities once I'm done with my current projects and see how well they jive with the system then consider what they could replace in the main case. But my intention is to stay with this case and only ever add-by-subtracting-first, to allude back to your first point.

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. Greatly appreciated!

ModularGrid Rack

I'm coming to a close on my modular journey. My sole intention was to create a (relatively) unique instrument that I could "finish" and learn and master, would provide ample sound design opportunities, generative capabilities, fill out some additional synthesis "needs" (such as an additional analog sound source and wavetable synthesis), and could integrate/sync well with my larger DAW'd and DAW-less setup (using Live as a clock/CV source in the former, and the Squarp Pyramid in the latter). Of course, all of this is with the understanding that time may change the needs/wants from my setup, but ultimately I don't think I'll ever want more than a 280 hp system.

So here it is: 4+ sound sources, 2 multi-mode filters, a few env gens, 6 vca's, some sound shapers/effects, and a fair amount of utility modules. I've got plenty of power headroom: (1A left on the +12v rail(s), about 350mA left on -12v [out of 1A], and I'm barely touching the 5v [of which there is an unnecessarily large 1A as well]).

I have a pair of catwalk LPGs, and 3-1x3 passive mults which are not visible for obvious reasons.

The only modules I have yet to purchase in this build:
ALA Tilt
Hexinverter Mutant Brain
2hp ADSR
Clank Chaos
Doepfer A-11-3v (currently have a 2hp VCO playing this role, but intend to upgrade eventually)

[Somehow I left these last two out when I originally posted. Significant for their hp relative to the ones listed above]
Befaco Chopping Kinky
Patching Panda MoonPhase

The only things missing from this build that I really wanted to get in there are a stereo mixer (leaning towards Hyrlo), and a scope (leaning towards O'tool, more for space than anything). However I feel the stereo mixer is a bit unneeded in this, especially since I can use the BitBox as a "mixer" of sorts. And I could of course purchase a standalone scope if I really need it that badly.

The first things I would consider replacing in here are the Cre8 modules only because their size:function ratio. Although the stubborn part of me doesn't want to push them out of the modular because, well, I feel they deserve to be honored for allowing me to get the journey rolling... stupid. I know.

Anyways, any thoughts? Questions? Ideas? Criticisms? Odd-pairings? Overlap?

Super old question,. but curious if you found a solution? I was wondering if perhaps the Lifeforms was expecting a certain ppqn or something, but everything I've read shows that it can clock extremely slow rates, and even irregular pulses. Then I was wondering how it handles super fast rates.

Ever get it working?

Thanks so much for the details on logic modules. Super helpful. I decided that to really get comfortable with them, it'd probably be best to just build a couple passive logic modules based on some schematics laying around here and there. It'll give me the chance to work on fashioning a finished, rackable module from scratch AND give me more insights into the practical usage of some of these module-types.

Thanks again. You are a saint.

I'm doing my best to keep Audio path in the upper row and CV modules in the lower row. I intend to use the modular in a larger setup with a Squarp Pyramid and a host of other synths, so my goal was to develop a multi-voice modular, in particular with wavetable capabilities as it's the only form of synthesis that I'm missing (that I like) that could serve as a canvas to experiment and develop a foundational melody or chord progression or hook/pads/etc. and then build upon them with the other synths in the setup. However, I wanted to be sure that I could really play the modular on it's own if I wanted, hence the BitBox sampler and things like Cellz staying in the rack. Pachinko (marbles) can also serve as a Note source if I don't have a midi controller/sequencer handy.

I need another filter (or two) on top of the Freak Manifold Filter I have. I decided on the viol ruina as it could also give me some extra distortion, but it isn't exactly versatile and I haven't bought it yet. I'm a big fan of the Jove sound, but I'm also thinking about TipTop Forbidden Planet since it has multiple inputs and could be used to blend different parts quite nicely. Any thoughts?

Any other utlities/logic/wave-modulators that you might suggest? Thanks to the disting (missing in shot for some reason, sitting between Swiss Army Mixer and Sequential Switch) I can try a lot of things out, but I'm also not very good at envisioning how I could use logic processors and some other utilities in this setup. It's really the last category of modules that is still mysterious to me in terms of how they best function in a synth patch.

Anyways, comments/criticisms/complaints?

ModularGrid Rack

Any reason (such as remaining power connections) why it couldn't be 2 modules that will fit 8hp?

1. Pick some sort of metaphorical idea and aim for that, e.g. "This song will sound like different types of water coming together, or arid fire, or have a particular feeling."

To add to this, some years ago I fell into a creative rut. Rather than try to force things out as I stood over my equipment, I gathered a bunch of random pictures and artworks, choose one at random, put it in front of me and I would try to create a soundtrack to that single frame.

It helped a lot. In particular, it really helped me begin to stretch small ideas out into full songs. Instead of trying to ensure that each piece is profound, provocative, and cohesive, I got much better at engaging with my musical ideas as they truly are: just ideas, sketches, imperfect snapshots of an imperfect mind's imperfect experience.

Suddenly, trying to compose a piece that aurally conveys the smell of snowfall doesn't seem as stupid and insignificant, because it just playtime in the end, and every experience is valid if any of them are.

Anyways, the point is really that staring at a picture and trying to make a soundtrack to it is a great way to get out of a writers block mindset or to just experiment with different inspirations/impetuses of creation. And I think still images are pretty key here. Mostly because composing a soundtrack to video can imply or strictly dictate the tempo and rhythmic and ornamental elements whereas a still image will force you to consider those elements abstractly and interpret them.

If it were mine, I'd cut Kinks (and put it in your main rack) and substitute in a quad mute module (the DivKid one is the one I use... Happy Nerding also makes one). The DivKid module is very much a performance tool... three settings, and a very pleasing vatrol effect when muting channels... so it would make sense amongst other control tools.
-- Shakespeare

Thanks! Good tip. I previously had two Ears modules in place of the Kinks/Links pair. a 4hp mutes is another good idea.

I want to play Steel Battalion now :-)
-- Quantum_Eraser

This guy gets it

BTW, this is what it would be controlling one day. Although this rack is still only half-built thus far and is also very likely to change by the time it gets built... ModularGrid Rack

I mean... I would probably pay for a commercial controller product with this much power for about $1500. and it's basically the only justifiable usage for the lingering Niftycase. I could use the case I/O for main clock to the other case and a few cv/gate lanes for playing with the control skiff. And it would free up the remaining hp in the main rack for strictly sound production and signal processing/routing/logic. (Obviously, the easy thing to do with the NiftyCase is to sell it. This is just a fantasy that I think has become a long-term goal).

Now, there is the matter of the 2 Doepfer Joysticks being a bit overkill but... I want a modular cockpit one day just leave me alone :)

It's definitely a bit absurd and it would absolutely take me years to even begin putting modules in it. By then, who knows? Maybe there'll be DIY biometric interface builds for sub-$100 and something like this would seem rudimentary and yet still indulgent lol.

I would get a sequential switch or matrix mixer which are great for ambient.
-- sacguy71

Would love to hear/see some creative uses for sequential switches in a max-240hp build. I have one myself that I've generally been using as a modulation sequencer or creating random melodic lines from multiple oscillators. Curious about other creative techniques for them.

Hi - Here is my first Euro build as of today: ModularGrid Rack

And here is one of the options I'm considering as to how to finish the case: ModularGrid Rack

[Edit: For some reason or another, it is not displaying the correct rack build in this post. Check the link?]

My intent ultimately is to focus more on SWN, and wavetable synthesis in general, since I already have almost every other form of synthesis covered outside of modular. I do not intend to create backbeats or any kick/snare style drums with modular either. At most, some more melodic percussive elements that would be closer in timbre to wood block or toms. Again, at most. My drums are also handled outside modular.

Would love for anyone to take a look and remind me that I don't need so many trigger/gate generators if I won't be doing drums and other choice bits of hard truth.

Would also love to discuss great sound mangling/wave-shaping/rectifying/etc modules that are DIY capable or are just so unique and weird that they must be mentioned.

Thanks for the input! Really appreciate the Zadar tip, I wasn't aware of that module at all. I swapped out the Dual EG for that one + expander. I went ahead and swapped the Dixie with an Erica PicoDSP and a Befaco out3, for a couple of reasons.

You were absolutely right that I wanted to get an audio processor in there. But I also realized earlier today that the Cre8 case sums it's input 1+2 to a mono output, and I thought it might be worth my time to consider what the case might look like with a stereo output module.

So this version includes that, and the picoDSP to give some reverb and delay where there were none before. All within the form factor and exactly 10 power connections. I might consider just living with mono output from the case and try to fit another 4hp module in there instead. Not sure. Thanks again for your suggestions.

ModularGrid Rack

So as may be the case in the coming weeks, I'm a long-time drooler and VCV rack convert. Thanks to the serendipitous convergence of my birthday, the holidays, and some extra cash, my wife has given me the OK to put together a skiff (it ain't much, but it's a start). To attempt to keep costs down, I'm assuming I'll start with the Cre8audio NiftyBundle which will cover a good number of essentials and allow me to put that money towards other modules.

Nevertheless, 1 row of 84hp (60hp after the Chipz and Cellz modules from the NiftyBundle) ain't much to work with and I'm looking for any advice for packing as much functionality into the space as possible. Here's my first go:

ModularGrid Rack

The blanks on the left are placeholders for the Chipz and Cellz modules.
The Vult Freak, while digital, offers a whopping 10 filters +1 distortion unit.
Quad VCA was virtually a no-brainer to me.
Erika Dual EG/LFO (plus the QuadVCA as needed) gives an already good amount of modulation for such a small unit.
Kinks I figured would add S&H and some basic logic.
Dixie II+ would add some more basic waveforms not provided by the Chipz osc.
Twin Waves offers so many functions and I only had 8hp left when I picked it, so it just seemed like the right move. More osc, more lfo, a trig output for kinks S&H, and whatnot...
Then, of course, Disting. I mean... it's Disting.

So, did I screw it all up? Am I overdoing the modulation and forgetting some basic utilities?