Definitely has some quirkyness. Reverb effect is cheesy. Has tendency to go into self oscillation. In-spite of all this, there are nice sweet spots.

The Thomas White board is called a lopass gate (not Low Pass).

I measure 3mA 12V and 3ma -12V for power consumption.

This filter is quite grungy sounding. The Paperiel with LM4250's is much cleaner sounding, so is the Mutable Instruments version (for the Shruthi).

This is labeled video switcher but works great switch audio. Vactrols soften edges when switching inputs. Nicely done module.

Please update power consumtion on the other one to match this.

If you have an RCD this is an indispensable add-on.

That make perfect sense after using it.

The Intial Gain provides lots of gain. I found that it has to be set pretty low to make the VCA have any range. It might be nice as a mod to add an LED to show when you've overdriven the input.

Thread: RYO Optodist

The vactrols used are really slow, if you are looking for fast response times this is not the module for you.

Any chance of posting the artwork?

Thread: Thonk VERTER

This uses three attenuverter pcb's. Note: no place to put power connector. In my case I run three bus wires between the three boards, and between two of the boards jury rigged a euro power connector.

Interesting note on the Barton website concerning this module:

"1.It's out of tune!Check your +5V supply. If you're running on less than 5V your quantizer's notes will seem flat, if it's higher they will seem sharp. If you're using an adjustable +5V supply, then adjust it until you're in tune. If you're using a 7805 on board regulator, swap it out for a different one. I buy the cheapest 7805s I can find and I've never gotten one so out of spec that it bothered my ears, you're probably going to get a good one. You can also use the 7805 to LM317 adaptor PCB to make a tiny adjustable +5V supply."

I was able to get the MCU socketed it required using a non dust shielded alpha pot instead of the one provided.

While the v/octave may not be perfect it is much better than my MFOS quantizer, plus there are many different modes/scales supported, and the range is better than the MFOS one.

The V/octave is set internal to the MCU which contains both DAC and ADC. Potentially the MCU could be recoded.

For what it does and compared to what else is available I'm quite happy with mine.

Requires some mechanical skill to assemble, separate power to each board (2 boards).