Hi folks! I bought a Subharmonicon/ DFAM combo about a year ago and have been loving it, but one issue I have is that all of those oscillators share one ad generator. I was wondering if I had another dual envelope module, would I be able to use that for osc.1 while using the subharmonicons AD generator for osc.2 without it affecting osc.1, or would I have to send both osc.1 and 2 out to the other envelope for that to work. My hope is to be able to have a bass drone coming from osc.1 and something more plucky from osc.2. I would also like to do this with the DFAM to really open up the possibilities. I was thinking of getting the 4ms dual envvca to achieve this with both osc.2's from the sub and DFAM going to it and having my pachinko trigger them, but I want to make sure that this will work before I spend the money. I have scoured the internet and watched hours of videos on these two synths at this point and have yet to see anyone doing this, which makes me wonder if it can be done, and if I might be crazy for even considering it. Sorry if this question has an easy answer, but I am still relatively new to this. Any help on this would be much apprieciated.

Cheers

If you look at row 2 of the patchbay, you'll find outputs VCO1, VCO1 SUB1 and VCO1 SUB2 (same for VCO2 on row 4). These are pre-mixer, so straight from the oscillator and divider for the subs. From the SBH mixer, the signal goes into the filter and vca. This means you can patch those outputs, mix, modulate and filter them externally. If you don't wont VCO1 and SUBS to go into the SBH's own filter and vca: close the mixer pots so only VCO2 and SUBS go into the filter and have SBH's EG applied to the VCF and/or VCA.

Hi folks! I bought a Subharmonicon/ DFAM combo about a year ago and have been loving it, but one issue I have is that all of those oscillators share one ad generator. I was wondering if I had another dual envelope module, would I be able to use that for osc.1 while using the subharmonicons AD generator for osc.2 without it affecting osc.1, or would I have to send both osc.1 and 2 out to the other envelope for that to work. My hope is to be able to have a bass drone coming from osc.1 and something more plucky from osc.2. I would also like to do this with the DFAM to really open up the possibilities. I was thinking of getting the 4ms dual envvca to achieve this with both osc.2's from the sub and DFAM going to it and having my pachinko trigger them, but I want to make sure that this will work before I spend the money. I have scoured the internet and watched hours of videos on these two synths at this point and have yet to see anyone doing this, which makes me wonder if it can be done, and if I might be crazy for even considering it. Sorry if this question has an easy answer, but I am still relatively new to this. Any help on this would be much apprieciated.

Cheers
-- x-minus-one

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

Argh! Of course it's as easy as turning down the mixer pots. What a noob I am! I guess I'm still not 100% certain of how the signal path of a semi modular system works yet. Thanks for the knowledge, and the decency of not making me feel like an idiot.

Cheers

I see no value in making people feel idiotic. Enjoy the SBH: it's a wonderful instrument.

Argh! Of course it's as easy as turning down the mixer pots. What a noob I am! I guess I'm still not 100% certain of how the signal path of a semi modular system works yet. Thanks for the knowledge, and the decency of not making me feel like an idiot.

Cheers
-- x-minus-one

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

I will! Thanks again for the advice