Thread: Kallax

The Kallax shelving unit has four rooms of 64HP width each - leaving 6mm space for 2xPlywood panels. It was a perfect match and it had to be done :-) I've bought "sink in" screws, I suspect I will be able to squeeze the rack in with those screw heads providing resistance to hold it in place without any other support. That is the plan at least :-)

The Rack now has an Erica Synths Pico DSP, so I have now removed my computer from the equation - at least I can play around with the Moog synths without having to hook up my Mac & Logic.

I ended up making a box with outer dimensions to fit the Kallax width, and order custom rails for the inner diameter of the box. But, as you might see from the picture, I failed to take into account that the screws would add width. I think this will barely work with "sink in screws".

photo

I don't think I will bother to rack my Mother & Subharmonicon. But start from here for now. The main goal for this rack was to able to play around, tactically / hands-on / no computer. The Grandmother sits on top. Now all I have to do is actually make som music with it.

In this patch I run the Mother through the Spring reverb of the Grandmother and mixes it in. I feel that this is a bit lacking, and will probably add an fx module next. Possibly something simple like the Disting or PicoDSP. My guess is that this case is slightly "underpowered" I have to keep that in mind as well (6U/2000ma).

It's actually an open piece of furniture, with four equal rooms. I probably used the wrong term for cupboard. Just google IKEA kallax.
It will add a piece of retro / high tech / geek touch to any living room. I didn't find any bus board and power supply combo for this size, so I'll be startibg
With flying cables.

This module is designed to fit within an IKEA Kallax cupboard. You would be able to fit four of these in one piece of furniture.
Put a soft pillow in front of it, and get lost in sound.