Lmao Lugia, thanks for the visuals. I see what you mean and I took those words to heart because you are totally right. All those tiny knobs too close together would chap my ass. Wound up ditching them entirely for the ensemble. In this layout I tried to focus on utility and modulation. I included the ensemble because the brute already has two VCO’s and like Jim said, I really don’t need that many for this setup so I thought that adding a digital monster would offer a nice way to get some complicated sounds from one place. I added some multi function modules and some random sources, I think between some of the multi function tools and the Chimera, Ensemble, and minibrute as the primary sound sources I cover a lot of bases utility wise. I imagine the randomness along with the quantizers and modulation functions here offer a lot roads to travel on. I’ve only dived into a few of the modules so far so I’m sure this layout will probably change again along the way. In any case I think I want to start with the initial list Jim mentioned and work from there. I looked up YouTubes of those and thought that yeah if I can learn those inside and out then I will venture further. That zverb though, might jump the gun on that one.

Thanks again for the wise words and guidance!!! Also, please let me know what looks stupid about this build if you feel like it. I think I have something miles ahead of what I started with though and a much better idea or mindset about what I want to do here.

Modular Noob

Thank you all for your responses. i greatly appreciate the nudge in the right direction here. i revised the rack and essentially did what Jim said. i do not know a lot about what these modules do yet. i understand the idea behind a few but others i do not. i do know i want to have a good stereo field so i think the stereo mixer and headphone outs are good for me. I may be wrong but idk. This is still a draft and for the most part i only have modules that other people said were good and/or that i thought looked interesting. i plan on fully researching any module i purchase until i know enough to be dangerous.

i really appreciate you all taking the time to give me some really good advice and a place to start!

Modular Noob

Hello and good day anyone who reads this! I’ve been playing around with stand-alone analog synthesizers for quite some time now and I’m wanting to move further into the modular euro rack world because that shit is awesome. All I have right now is a MiniBrute 2s and a handful of other analog synths and drum machines and a couple different midi controllers. My goal here is to make a super synth I can take places and do things with. My idea is to get the rackbrute 6u, fill it with modules, and attach it to the minibrute 2s. Bearing that in mind here’s my rough draft of a modular case for the minibrute 2s. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated! I’m a newbie and I don’t want to waste my money building something that doesn’t make any sense or is sorely lacking key features.

Modular Noob