I am sad as well and love WMD modules and have quite a few in my setup. Hope they come back one day.

Hi all,

I just hooked up my new Hrad expansion module to my XAOC Devices Praga mixer and enjoy it quite a bit. However, one function still puzzles me. That is how the heck to use the send and return features on the module with my modular FX units! Any ideas?
I also have this question on how to use send/return on my Qu-bit Mixology mixer module. Instructions in the manuals are not clear or I am just dense.

This is why I like the Eloquencer and Queen of Pentacles combo. You get a killer sequencer, drum voices, filter, and effects in two modules leaving room for utilities like a good mixer and VCAs and envelopes. For an attenuator, the WMD 4tten is great with sliders to help adjust levels for the various drum voices. But you could just buy an Erica Synths Techno System and be done with it.
That is what I would do if I had the cash and wanted a well sorted modular techno machine.

Winter Modular Eloquencer sequencer and Endorphin.es Queen of Pentacles is a good way to get modular techno easily.

Thread: First voice

Doepfer makes a great full voice at good value and flexible yet easy to patch. The Doepfer A-111-6 Mini Synth Voice is fantastic and less expensive than most full synth voices.

LXR looks interesting but I am waiting for Winter Modular Zaps and Rabid Elephant Portal Drum as these look really cool as well.
So far Akamie's Taiko is super amazing fun. I will upload a demo sometime this week.

I just picked up ALM Busy Circuits Akamie's Taiko and having soo much fun with this module! It does drums and synth FM stuff quite nicely.

Thread: Eurobox

You need a larger case and more utility support modules. Instead of Maths, perhaps go with Batumi as it takes up less space and easier to use. Also the Instruo Divkid 0chd gives more modulation in space sized HP module. For voices, consider a polyphonic synth module like Knobula Poly Cinematic or Acid Rain Chainsaw as they are not large modules but pack a lot of features.

A bigger case is recommended since you want room for support utility modules. I use an MDLR 14u case that is portable even though heavy and use a hand cart for it when I travel. With 5 WMD percussion modules, WMD Mixer, WMD Metron sequencer and few support tools it still takes up two of my 14u rows easily.

Get a Doepfer 12u or 14 monster case and Doepfer monster base case. Love mine as it has handles, covers and bullet proof power supplies.

If you get the Batumi, I recommend getting the Poti expansion module for it as it opens up additional features without having to adjust the switches on the back of the module. For cases, Tiptop Mantis is great but I like the Intellijel 7u case as it has 1u row for cool additional modules that can make use of a small setup. For travel, I use my 7u Intellijel case.

I recommend a larger case at least 6u for room to add utility modules and a good sequencer.
Your setup would benefit from more modulation sources to make use of the audio in your setup. Something like a Batumi would be perfect.

Besides the ones mentioned, WMD, Rossum and Noise Engineering are good manuals since they also have patch example ideas as well. Right now trying to get a handle on Mob of Emus and the manual is good for that complex module.

Cool love it up there so peaceful. I just had a jam with some local folks where we jammed all day on modular and drank beer. A good time. Do you know about the Monday modular Zoom meetups on Modwiggler? PM me if you want to know more. Met cool synth friends there. My goal this year is get workflow and recording where I want it to be and master my gear.

I’m sad as well and big fan of WMD modules and have all of their fabulous percussion modules, Metron sequencer and Performance mixer all top notch gear that looks great, sounds incredible and fun to use. Hopefully they come back in the future. The WMD and SSF collaboration produced really cool modules too like Toolbox and Blender.

Hi all,

I started in modular a few years ago with small semi modular synths and gradually built up a large 14u system focus on percussion and weird trance type beats. Looking to jam with fellow synth nerds here in northern California. Sad to see great modular synth firms end production like Mutable Instruments, Synthesis Technology and WMD.

Ben Scott