First jam with the new Make Noise XPO. It sounds amazing. This is a one-take, raw performance recording. No additional processing on the audio.

Here are the rough patch notes:

XPO to X-Pan to QPAS to Mimeophon
VPME QD for Kick and Clicks - Clicks go through Chronoblob 2

Rene X channel driving the main sequence - goes into XPO main 1v/O
Rene Y channel is driving key changes going into XPO 1v/O second input
Rene C is sequencing Blades cutoff which is filtering the VPME Clicks
PNW is modulating Snake changes on Rene X

Planar 2 X axis is set up to drive QPAS cutoff on the second input
Planar Y axis is driving the XPO FM level

PNW is sending S&H to QPAS main cutoff
PNW is pinging the left wildcard input on QPAS with a euclidean rhythm
Sloths is modulating QPAS Q level

XPO Saw and Sub outs are going into X-Pan Aux and Maths is fading them in and out

Tides is modulating Fade and Pan on X-Pan A & B Channels
Diode Chaos is modulating QPAS Radiate levels
Ochd is modulating Mimeophon Zones
Batumi is modulating PWM on XPO

Quadrax is enveloping XPO square waves with a sharp attack and longer release, and enveloping the wave fold outs with a soft attack and sharp release

Performance Mixer brings it all together and Strymon Starlab provides some reverb through the Aux send/return.

seems cool! i’ve got an XPO in the mail currently and am quite looking forward to it. I also currently own an x-pan and at first they seem like they’d match up well, but it occurred to me that x-pan is really for mixing and panning four MONO sources. how are you using it with XPO? it is difficult to tell from the video with the patch cables in the way. I suppose you could patch two L signals to the first input and two R to the second and hard-pan them. or the mono outs to the mono ins on x-pan and one of the stereo outs to the aux?

Thanks! For this I pretty much did as you say - I used two of the XPO stereo outs to the four 1/2/A/B ins on X-Pan and treat them basically as mono sources, and I modulate cross fade and panning for all of it so they swirl around. I also used two mono outs into the Aux channel. It’s more for highlighting the stereo overload you get from the combo as opposed to highlighting the native stereo you get from the XPO on its own (which is excellent and like the QPAS effect). Cheers!