ModularGrid Rack
Hi,
It's been a year since I started building my rack and I've decided to stop at this point and experiment with what I have.
The main thing I find missing right now is a clock modulator.
Right now I use my Arturia BST Pro as clock source.
My question is whether to invest my tight budget in a basic clock divider like the Doepfer A-160-2 or wait a bit and go for something much more advanced.
At this point I've been considering incorporating a Temps Utile (focused on clock modulation) or a Pamela's, which would also give me a powerful modulation source.
Right now I think I have enough modulation sources (Clep Diaz, NLC dual LFO's/VCO's, Airstreamer, Rampage and my 4 BST Pro outputs (Pitch and Velocity).
My questions are mainly:
-Buy A-160-2 (budget-friendly)
-I buy Temps Utile, taking into account that in the future I will surely acquire Pamela's and I'm afraid that it will end up being redundant.
What I have for sure is that for now, I would not buy Pamela's (GAS retention).
Thanks for advance.

My best advice, and without hesitation: Pamela’s Pro Workout... ;)

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

My best advice, and without hesitation: Pamela’s Pro Workout... ;)
-- Sweelinck
Yes, I agree that it is a very powerful module, but isn't using three or four of the eight outputs for something as basic as a clock divider a waste?

If you put it that way: yes, you’re obviously right! The A-160-2 (or even the A-160-1) may be enough.

I started with the A-160-2, which is an excellent module. It remains in my setup as a complement to Pam.
The A-160-2 costs around 100€. Pam costs about 300€. But you can multiply its power by 10 (BPM based clock, more divisions, a multiplier, probability, highly perfected Euclidian, microtiming for swing, oscilloscope, etc.)

If you have to wait a little before investing, no problem, make that choice :)

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).