ModularGrid Rack
────╔╗╔╗╔═╗╔╗╔╗╔══╗────
────║╚╝║║╚╣║║║║║╔╗║────
────║╔╗║║╔╣║╚╣╚╣╚╝║────
════╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩══╩════

I chose this size of rack (64X Pod) because it fits perfect into my Peli case.. it has similar dimensions to the Elektron machines, which makes it easy to pack and plan.

There's 18HP left so the 'sealegs' (I really want) for instance wouldnt actually fit it.. I'm considering geting a bigger rack or putting the Data Bender out since I also need a cool filter in there.. I always wanted to get the 'stereo dipole', but also that one wouldnt fit haha

Any suggestions? I might need to get a bigger pelicase, but I also live in the 4th floor without an elevator - the smaller the better...

get a mantis - easily portable - I've travelled a lot with mine on planes (perfectly sized for hand lugggage), trains and buses and used to live on the 2nd floor (or 3rd if you're american) with no lift... and that's with just the standard tiptop case - there's a 3rd party briefcase that's more rugged if you're worried about it!

then you'll have plenty of space to add modules without sacrificing others - at least until the mantis is full!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

what about 8hp modules, like the bastl ikarie (stereo filter) + bastl basil (stereo delay)?
or maybe using the steady state gate as mono filter in 8hp?

They seem to be good gapfillers.
I would like to try them.

Greetings

Chris

Not sure if you own the Joranalogue x2 but you could remove both of those, swap for a single module that does both e.g. Intellijel Audio Interface @ 10Hp. Then you have an extra 2hp for the Sea Legs. No need for a new rack. But depends on what you own already.