I've recently finished transitioning from one rack-mounted eurorack to many desktop modules using 4ms pods. I wanted to share my former rack then progression into pods, pedals, and semi-modular in roughly chronological order.

alt text
My First Eurorack - (2) Happy Ending Kits + Startech 2-post rack - (Former)
alt text
THE GENERAL - POD48X - (Current)
alt text
BEAT BOY - POD32 - (Current)
alt text
METATRON - KB37 - (Current)
alt text
WESLEY - POD26 - (Current)
alt text
STREG0 - Semi-Modular - (Current)
alt text
METACOSM - Pedalboard - (Current)

So which concept are you preferring?
I can see that its nice to have some portable gear, I don't consider my main case Portable cos its Blooming heavy but I'm working towards having a my Top Case and Percussion Case as being portable and easy to combine with a Beatstep Pro. This leaves my Main Case to be more Generative and experimental.
I want to develop another case that will be more about weird shit and sound mangling from external sources like Pizo pickups etc.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

A refreshing topic :)

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

I can see that its nice to have some portable gear, I don't consider my main case Portable cos its Blooming heavy but I'm working towards having a my Top Case and Percussion Case as being portable and easy to combine with a Beatstep Pro. This leaves my Main Case to be more Generative and experimental.

the original 6u case looks really portable to me...

I've had my mantis on planes, trains and buses many, many times with ease in the past...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

So which concept are you preferring?
I want to develop another case that will be more about weird shit and sound mangling from external sources like Pizo pickups etc.

They're all great! I built up these meta-modules not so much for portability, but ergonomics. Each pod has a focused set of fuctions. I wanted the ability to easily rearange groups of modules on my desk depending of the session and to create building blocks of function to help me stay focused and organized while playing.
As for concepts I gravitate towards sampling of all kinds from macro to micro using these modules and auv3 apps/vcv rack via the es-9. Tempi has been especially fun, but they've all got their charms.