_

---------link to rack

Modular is Sh!t you should get a Banjo!

Looks like a pretty sound rack to me.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Modular is Sh!t you should get a Banjo!

Looks like a pretty sound rack to me.
-- wishbonebrewery

Agree, banjo's rule.

Are you using the ES-9 to connect with VCV rack or other software? If so, this thing looks pretty beastly and you can get what's I'd say is missing virtually. However, if not, or just because you have the blank panel spaces, I could suggest the Batumi expander, which gives you access to more LFO shapes, and some other utilities or random voltage generators? Things like mutes or routers might make this more interactive and fun to play, as well.

-- HGsynth
Are you using the ES-9 to connect with VCV rack or other software? If so, this thing looks pretty beastly and you can get what's I'd say is missing virtually. However, if not, or just because you have the blank panel spaces, I could suggest the Batumi expander, which gives you access to more LFO shapes, and some other utilities or random voltage generators? Things like mutes or routers might make this more interactive and fun to play, as well.

-- HGsynth

Noted - I actually have Batumi expander in the post [as in shipping]!
ES-9 just for Ableton Live, haven't used with VCV Rack yet. It's probably an overkill but nice to be able to send CVs and record with a bunch of channels (half of which I don't really use).

Hmmm, guess I didn't see the expander... Without VCV rack or similar then you will want to consider some further utilities for the remaining 15 hp that you have. What are you aiming for with this rack? In any case, I recommend s/h (I really like After Later's SHTH, which is quite powerful in 2 hp), more vca's (happy nerding 3xVCA or a veils clone), and maybe something further swiss army knives like like Frap Tools 321 or SSF Toolbox if you can still find one.

Also, if you've already got the ES-9 and Ableton, might as well get VCV Rack, it's free afterall. It will open up a lot of potential utilities so you can see which ones you use the most.

Thanks! I meant to say I'm waiting for Batumi expander to be delivered. :)
I suppose the aim is to get good at René and experiment with weird plucky/snappy arps/sequences and make some fun complement to Analog Rytm and preferably not easy to anticipate, and maybe a bit psychodelic-like weird stuff with Morphagene.
Yeah, I have VCV rack just never got around to actually using it with hardware... Clicking with mouse is what I'm trying to reduce.

Yeah, I have VCV rack just never got around to actually using it with hardware... Clicking with mouse is what I'm trying to reduce.
-- ratman77531

I hear that... I'm also trying to find my own way to reduce the computer as much as possible. I just didn't want to start suggesting buying more modules when you're already set up for the free stuff.

But if already have GAS, then you really can't go wrong with more VCAs, and a utilities "swiss army knife" type module. I really meshed with uOrnaments and Crime running Hemispheres - it provides some very interesting functions and has both a shift register and a quantizer, wonderful for "psychodelic-like weird" stuff, and only 8 hp. With the remainder you could do something like Happy Nerding's 3xVCA (6hp), or maybe even a 2hp dual VCA leaving room for a dual LPG for plucky sounds and variety. There's really a number of ways to use the extra hp depending on your goals, but I think VCAs and utilities are what you should focus on.

Good luck!