This is my first eurorack. I ordered everything, within the coming weeks modules will arrive depending on availlability. Is there anything I am missing? Like, do I have enough VCA, EG, VCF for this setup? I'd love some input please. Sequencing will happen mainly externaly with midi or gate-cv out from my Deluge. I added a sequencer for fun, but also because all my midi channels are filled already.

This is my first eurorack. I ordered everything, within the coming weeks modules will arrive depending on availlability. Is there anything I am missing? Like, do I have enough VCA, EG, VCF for this setup? I'd love some input please. Sequencing will happen mainly externaly with midi or gate-cv out from my Deluge. I added a sequencer for fun, but also because all my midi channels are filled already.
-- LordWiggle

Most peeps won't comment on your thread because of the B word. However, you have a solid system here, capable of doing most anything you need. My suggestion is master it before adding to it. Enjoy the adventure...

over:under

As @AEROCATONE explains, there are some (good and bad) controversies on a certain number of modules in your setup; you probably know that. Personally, what interests me the most will be to know how you’ll evaluate your system, your modules: technically, musically, etc. Will you please let us know in a few weeks? Thanks in advance!

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Good morning,
At first the system seems balanced. I wouldn't change anything in terms of functionality. Another thing is the personal opinion about the manufacturer or the layout of some modules. But this is already an opinion that does not influence the results you want to obtain. Good luck!

Thank you for all the responses!

I understand the opinions towards Behringer. But financially I have the choice of either get Behringer for my first setup or no modular at all.
Behringer was my gateway drug into synths in the first place, now it's my gateway drug into modular.

If I had the luxury I'd get a completely different setup, but that would cost loads more. The Mordax DATA already was a very hurtful experience for my wallet.

But recently I learned about self-build kits which are cheaper, so I'm looking into that (Dreadbox for example).
Now that I have this setup to start with, I can save money to expand this system with better quality and brand modules.

About the layout: I'm still working on it, I'm restricted with the depth of the case on the bottom row and I need to get a feeling on what works best.

I think it's pretty balanced in terms of functionality. Depending on what your goals are, you can always add [insert your favourite function here] , but as a starting system I'd say you have everything you need.