Nice track again, especially the line and inflexions of the main voice (STO?). Which modules did you use to conduct this voice? Micro Sequence only? BTW, interesting to see your wish list (and right choice about Marbles), but would be more helpful to see the details of you current 3 rows.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Nice works, Wishbonebrewery!

You're right, Links is a mult. And a clever one. But I would advise 1 Links plus 1 Buff Mult (for example), saving room in the rack, and getting up to 6 outputs with that one... It's a question of philosophy, variety of species ;)
Disting surely merits its nickname. But like a spare wheel, I hope you won't always need two.

Two major points, IMHO:
- First, a lot of overlaps here (especially 2 Distings, 2 Links, Quad Vca plus Veils...)!
- Second, you will surely need at least some universal tools like: one buffered mult, one reverb, and a proper drum module (such as Basimilus, or ADDAC 104, see that video: )

One of my favorites: powerful, versatile, intuitive. My modular brain in many patches. Complemented by Bloom, a perfect duo.

Thank you so much, Lugia, for your comprehensive and detailed suggestions that I have integrated in the new rack below. You helped me in a previous thread to set up my very first modular around semi-modulars and sequencers I already own. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/3864

This current thread is just (at this time) a mental exercise, though potentially achievable later within a second rack (end of the year?) The reason is I recently rediscovered Suzanne Ciani works, including the Buchla Concerts 1975, and I'm mesmerized by this music!
MScale is paradoxically included here due to the Mother32 already on my desk.
I finally swapped the A-138s for the new Make Noise X-Pan which apparently seems more in the quadraphonic philosophy of the Buchla universe.
PS: the RackBrute depth could be a bit larger. "53mm on the upper part (power bus) and 75mm on the lower part (no power bus)". https://www.arturia.com/faq/rackbrute/rackbrute-general-questions
But I'll verify that point very soon (delivery is scheduled for next week...)
ModularGrid Rack

The two complex oscillators cover a lot of the same ground --- I'd swap one of them out for something different like a Verbos Harmonic Oscillator or a Wavetable Oscillator.
-- richc90

Thanks richc90 for your relevant comment. Due to the relatively small size of the RackBrute 6U, I would opt for a Wavetable Oscillator as the E-352 Cloud Terrarium or the Erica Synths Black Wavetable VCO. And alternatively Lugia provides a perspective which could be great too.

Just for fun.
Any comments ?

ModularGrid Rack

It's getting there, yep...I still think the Maths would be preferable to just the single VC Slope of the Contour because of all of the internal routings you can do with it to reconfigure it in some very complex ways. Why not pull the Contour in favor of a Doepfer A-140-2 or an A-141-4 for some additional "proper" ADSR EGs? Also, you might consider a comparator or two, since adding those plus a Maths would give you a decent compliment of modulation sources on which you could use the comparator(s) to fire gates when the modulation curves pass given voltage points. Put this together with some logic to work with the Varigate, and you'll have lots of rhythmic mayhem possibilities.
-- Lugia

Thank you very much Lugia for taking the time to provide, from the beginning of this thread, all your detailed and expert advices.

You convinced me about Maths, and I adopted your suggestions about the A-140-2, the comparator (I was totally unaware of that kind of module), and a logic to work with the Varigate.

All your comments have been a valuable input for me in this phase of discovery and understanding. I'm not completely a newbie in synthesizers (I began with an Arp Axxe in the 70's...) but the modular word is a lot different, and there are so many devices and options.
So thanks again.

A last question if it doesn't bother you. I already bought the RackBrute but I'am planning to order the modules in two steps for reasons of budget. If you have any suggestion, two lists, it will be very welcome.
ModularGrid Rack

Maybe Plaits?

Well, well... Things are moving. A RackBrute 6U has been ordered this week.
Starting from a first approach and your expert advices, then after watching some Youtube videos (as you guess... ;-) I have led with this set (to be linked with Mother-32, DFAM, 0-Coast, System-1m, KeyStep, BeatStep pro, SQ-1).

My piggy bank is shaking.

It would be great to read your opinion.
ModularGrid Rack

Thanks very much for your advices Lugia. Your remarks gave me a better understanding of the way a modular can be built up.

So, considering your suggestions, I modified the rack.
Here is the v2 :
ModularGrid Rack

And then, a likely sufficient but cheaper version (2000€ being a maximum amount, at least as a first step... :))
ModularGrid Rack

Your final judgment would be very valuable.

My semi-modulars : Mother-32, DFAM, 0-Coast, System-1m.
My sequencers : KeyStep, BeatStep pro, SQ-1.

In your opinion, is this rack a good beginning to extend and complete my set, and make my first steps into the real modular world ?

About the case : 6U studio case 104HP + power supply
https://www.modularsquare.com/fr/shop/eowave/6u-studio-case-104hp-power-supply/
Or : TipTop Audio Mantis
https://www.modularsquare.com/fr/shop/tiptop-audio/mantis-case-vert/

Thanks in advance for your advices.

ModularGrid Rack