Good info, I’ll read it again when I’m not on my phone. It’s been years since I’ve had an MPC3000 so I am a bit familiar with MPC’s. I’ll take a look at that route.

Edit- I will also look into the multitrack recorders. I think that would be easier for me. I am trying to keep some of my options narrow otherwise I go down a deep expensive wormhole. Perhaps an MPC isn’t the best idea especially if I don’t currently want to use it for anything else.

Any idea on a good module to get me from the rack there?

I recently had my case built (9U 128hp) and installed power but I’ve been reading on modular stuff for a couple years and just recently started watching a lot more videos and trying to retain what I’ve been ingesting.

My immediate goal is to become familiar with the pieces of equipment I currently have in my rack before I start going crazy buying cool new toys. Beyond anything else I say in this post I know this is priority#1.

My long term goal is to produce music/sounds for myself. Performing live is not my goal, sitting in my office tweaking knobs is. If I had to explain what kind of sonic experience I want to produce I’d have to say a mashup of Helene Vogelsinger and Skinny Puppy. Sounds odd I know but I’m a believer of if you can think it up it’s only a matter of time before you can do it.

My immediate issues are ins/outs. I got into modular to get away from the computer. I lose all creativity sitting at a computer. I want a module or piece of equipment that I can send an audio source (ambient noise, nature sounds, etc) to put behind/between/in front of the modular sounds.

I would also like outs that have headphones, stereo outs, some way to connect to a pair of speakers.

Finally, I need suggestions on how to record/mix it all without using a computer. I’ve had Ableton but I’m really looking to not make this a computer project.

I just have the basics right now but I know I need a good in/out. Any ideas?

ModularGrid Rack