Thanks for the suggestion Wavescape!
I also thought about that, but actually I'm having a lot of fun while exploring harmonics and I just love letting my sequencers play some melodies while turning some knobs here and there.
But I get your point, its just two different things I guess. And as far I can see the Sinfonion really gets me in the direction I want to go, even though I'm still open for alternative ideas/modules :-)

Hey Garfield,

I have to thank you again for your detailed answer!
Its always interesting to read some patch notes of others, especially about modules I want to have :-)

I think I will start saving some money now and when I will have enough I can decide again whats more important for me now.
But I'm definitely super hyped!

And I also think that it wont be too bad to buy it early because I already know that I want to get more into beautiful and harmonic atmospheres and I have the hope that with the Sinfonion on my side it will guide me to the right direction while showing me what I want and need as my next modules..
I will see :-)

And 30-40 modules really is a large number, unbelievable actually for a beginner like me :-D

Thanks again and enjoy your Weekend Garfield!

Thank you all for your fast replies!

Seems like the Sinfonion has won and I have to save some money in the next months..
Even though the NDLR also looks interesting, I didnt knew about that one, thanks! @Lugia

@GarfieldModular
Thank you for your detailed description! Definitely made me even more interested in that module and sure I know that the price has it reasons and that the sinfonion can be hell of a machine in the right system.
But this is also still one point that makes me feel sceptical about buying the sinfonion.

I've seen another post somewhere, where also somebody said that you will need a bunch of other modules before you can use the full potential of the Sinfonion.
I've just started one year ago and my rack is still a rather small one.
So what exactly does the sinfonion like to be fed with?
When I use the polyphonic mode of my Qu-bit Chord I have 6 voices/oscillators in total.
Unfortunately I don't really have a lot of utility modules so far.
In general my system is a rather simple one and I'm afraid that the sinfonion is too "big" for a system like that.

I really like Azewijn, you got some interesting sounds in that!
And about the woman in the video, I will keep an eye out, maybe I will find a creepy abandoned building with a nice system in it one day :-)

Thank you all again!

Hey guys!

I've started with modular synths about one year ago and having a lot of fun with my case so far.
Even though I've made the common mistake and didnt take enough time to think about what I am REALLY looking for.

I still have a lot to learn, but there is one thing that interests me a lot and where I still have a lot of questions.

How do you create some more complex harmonies, melodies, basslines and chords, that all harmonize together?
Are there some quantizers or sequencers that are especially useful for that?

I know that this topic is a rather complicated one but I thought maybe some of you have some helpful input for me.
I feel like that the ACL Sinfonion is covering a lot of what I'm searching for but its so damn expensive.. So when you have some specific modules in mind please tell me!

Here's one example for what I'm looking for:

Would love to create stuff like this an get lost in it..

Thank you very much in advance, love this forum/website!

Hey there,
I've finally started my first eurorack case. To be honest I made the most common mistake and spend all my money for everything that sounded good for me without thinking enough about it. Which is somehow ok for me because I will make more and more cases in the far future so in the end I will hopefully be happy about everything I have now.

I now have just a little bit of space left and actually I also have to keep an eye on my power consumption but I'm already thinking about the next 3U Row so I'm open for every recommendation that brings out the most of the modules I've got so far.

I'm mostly interested in that atmospheric generative type of music and also like glitchy stuff.

And I'm missing some controlled randomness, would you think the Doepfer A-149-1 would be a good option?

I'm using an external mixer and also some effects.

Sorry for the long text but thank you very much in advance already!
Stay safe :)

My Rack:
ModularGrid Rack