Hey - thanks very much for the response! I’m continuing to evolve my plan and now that the Tetrapad/Tête and mixup are in hand, I’ll be experimenting to connect up the 0 Coast and DFAM, control with the Tete/Tetrapad to see what I can do, then consider what is most missing. I’m sure effects couldn’t possibly hurt, what is vague to me as a newbie is how much sequencing/clock I’ll need/want in addition to the T/T. The research is fun, now time for my own discovery! I’m sure I’ll be checking in again soon...

Hi all, I’m looking to expand my songwriting and sound design toolkit for inspiration and fun... After many years writing for a guitar-oriented band, I’ve really loved branching out with my Moog Sub37 and DFAM - especially during confinement. The DFAM is exactly the kind of quirky idea generator I had in my head for low-fi, fuzzy, spacey patterns. I’m building on that but would love some help getting started. Here is my guitar music, though I’m branching out from here: https://karmarocket.bandcamp.com/

I have an 0 Coast and Intellijel 4U Palette on the way, and plan to fill it as a starter (yes I know, tons of research, experimentation, manual diving, learning ahead of me and I can't wait....) to make sound hands-on and combine the DFAM, 0 Coast, Sub37, guitar pedals to see what happens. I’ll expand from there one day when I know where I’m going.

Thoughts, especially to have the minimum ingredients to start cooking here? I have a Focusrite 2i2 and Ableton, but I like the idea of being able to create without turning the computer on, potentially take with me traveling. What else is needed, and is there any functionality in the modules I show here that may be redundant? I want to start small, but know I need some basic components to get going.

Thanks for looking - I know there are many similar newbie posts. Great to see all the interest.

ModularGrid Rack