Simply a great and handy mixer. I have three Hyrlo's daisy chained (bus connectors on pcb) serving as my final audio mixer with 9 stereo channels. The summed output goes to my Befaco Out for easy performance setup where I want just a stereo line out. In studio setup I have each Hyrlo output patched, this breaks the daisy chaining so that I have 3 seperate 3 stereo channel mixers (or 2x 3-channels stereo + 1 or 2x 3-channels mono) that go directly into my audio interface for multitrack recording. Great solution, great sound, great quality.

A few set-up notes:
Music style is experimental/ambient/generative and long evolving "Berlin school" style sequences. Main clock comes from external by Korg Electribe 2. Sequencing is done by Kilpatrick K4815 Pattern Generator, Marbles and O_C apps (Harrington 1200, Meta-Q, Sequins) and Electribe 2 (midi --> MI Yarns with 4x cv and gate/trigger). Sound sources are Studio Electronic Quadnic, Make Noise Telharmonic, Eowave Weather Drones 1.5, MI Plaits, MI Rings. Qu-bit Nebulae v1 and Music Thing Modular Radio Thing are the key modules for sample playing and manipulation (Nebulae). Effect processing by Make Noise Mimeophon, uBurst (Clouds clone), Typhoon (expanded Clouds/Monsoon on SuperParasites fw), MN Phonogene and Endorphines Milky Way. All signals are mixed in 2x Intellijel Mixup and go as stereo mix from Befaco OUT into Korg D3200 digital mixer (12 bus 16/32 channel with 128 onboard DSP effects and EQ for each channel) and multitrack recorder (32 tracks,@ 48 kHz/44.1 kHz, 16-bit or 16 tracks,@ 48 kHz/44.1 kHz, 24-bit).

Music style is Ambient, Experimental, Generative.
All sequencing happening external by a Korg Electribe 2 through MI Yarns with 4 MIDI parts/channels, supported now and then by a Korg SQ-1 (2x CV, gate). The E2 also serves as main clock for the MI Marbles, 4MS DLD and Korg SQ-1.
Output from the Intellijel Mixups goes into the Befaco Out V3 and from there to a Korg D3200 digital mixer / multitrack recorder (12 bus inputs, 16 channels, 16 tracks, 24 bit recording at 48kHz sampling rate), with full EQ and DSP effects available for each individual track and master/final mix. For recording the D3200 acts as MIDI masterclock for the Electribe 2 (and the synced modular clocks).

A few small changes to make the rack ready to go again. Took a Dreadbox mix/vca that was still laying on the shelf and added a Shades clone (Shades serves to attenuate 3 individual hpt audio signals from Quadnix and A-110 that go to the outboard mixer and multi track recorder. Moved the Intellijel mixups to upper row for better acces to the knobs as they are no longer shaded by wires. Workflow upper row is Marbles to Plaits and Rings, Plaits split for direct out to outboard mixer. Plaits and Rings (both odd and even) Intellijel Mixup and Mixup stereo out to uBurst in L + R. Stereo from uBurst to 2nd Mixup that functions as simple stereo out to multitrack recorder.

My actual rack in use, 8+6 HP freed up, looking to add some new things.

• Quadnic used for drone type backgrounds.
  • Doepfer A-110 +A-115 + A-120 used to run sequencial patterns (using two external sequencers).
  • MI Marbles + Plaits + Rings + uBurst used for atmospheric / ambient sounds.
  • Make Noise function and A-140 adsr used for envelopes, shapes, modulation.
  • Ochd LFO's for modulation of everything
  • MI Links to combine and distribute gate CV and triggers from external sequencers and Marbles.
  • 2x Doepfer mixer for CV and audio of both oscillators, Ochd, Function, filter and adsr.
  • 2x Intellijel Mixup and multiples to mix into uBurst and to mix to outboard 16 channel mixer/recorder.
  • Drone mono, arp/sequence both seperate mono out to external 16 channel mixer/recorder.
  • Plaits dry sound (both Out and Aux) seperate to external mixer/recorder.
  • uBurst (with combined Plaits and stereo Rings) stereo out to external mixer/recorder.

Got rid off some stuff and have 8+6 hp free to add some new stuff. No idea yet what it should be.

Considering to swap my old doepfer 8hp noise/random module and and my large 4x LFO module for new mini (4hp) versions to gain space. Not sure yet. Working on a good deal to get a Intellijel mixup. Probably next week. Also negotiating a uBurst Clouds clone to add to my Plaits and Rings super combo, with a MI Marbles being shipped to arrive later this week. Still room for some multiples etc.
To be continued.

Decided today to add the MI Marbles. I ordered it already and it will be delivered later this week, so need to re-arrange again and get rid of some of my Doepfer stuff. Also looking to get a better audio mixer with good quality line output instead of the A-138 that I use now. This A-138 gets too quickly into clipping.
Bon, à suivre ......

Hi troux,
Thanks. I get your points. Let me explain a bit where I come from and where I want to go ( my case is still chanhing so I probably should not have named it FINAL). I have been using a fairly traditional set up wth two VCO's ( the A-110's) with some stuff added like a wave processor, freq divider, noise, ring modulator. I like the use a seperate LP filter for each VCO and use envelopes for both VCOś and filters. I use LFO for the VCO feqentie and for the filter cut offf modulation. Key modlues for me are the Mutable Instruments Plaits and Rings. They are absolutely fantastic. Last week I got the Studio Electronics Quadnic and my first impression is very good. I just bought the cheap Dreadbox VCA second hand for 60€ to try as VCA with the Quandnic and I must say thay it is not bad at all. SO both will likely stay. With the Quadnic added, I will let go one of the two Doepfer VCO's. Another thing that I am considering is to get a MI Marbles. That will be a awsome combo with my Plaits and Rings. But this means that I need to free up another 18 hp.

About sequencing: I use sequencers out side the rack. I currently use the Korg SQ-1 and the Arturia Beatstep. Both easy, flexible and have sufficient CV and gate outs available. I have been using the Doepfer Dark Time for quite some time, but have sold that one a few months ago as I prefer the SQ-1.

About your reworked rack :
I don't have hands-on experience with the Maths but I don like the Maths or Function, the Make Noise stuff is just not my thing. I do like the Intellijel mixer/multi and should probably get one to try out. Also like the MI Links, seems much better than the simple Doepfer multiples. Curious what te Disting is, I don't know this one but seems an interesting multi function thing.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your inputs.
Take care,
Rick

Nice !!

Any comments?