Really cool ..... where is the program, to build import create you're own envelopes, and plenty space on the device for these things, WHY SO LOCKED DOWN =D

I'm going to go ahead and guess: development time/costs. Such an app requires developing a multi-platform application to produce these envelopes as well as expanding on the maintenance menu to add other functions (currently only used for firmware updates) for data upload. Development costs get translated into the final price we pay.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that such function would send Zadar into the heavens, but looks like it wasn't in store for us just yet. Not to worry, there's plenty of interesting waveforms on the existing software and plenty of ways to turn those back on themselves and get what you want... or even better, a happy surprise :-)

--- Voltage control all the things ---

Really cool ..... where is the program, to build import create you're own envelopes, and plenty space on the device for these things, WHY SO LOCKED DOWN =D
-- Gravitymike

I did a little bit of research. The firmware version 2.0 includes a new bank of shapes called "Glitch & Hold" by Richard Devine. So I think it should be possible to hack the waveshapes if new waveshapes can be added via a firmware update. There's an account on Modular Grid by the name of "RichardDevine". I don't know if this is the same person or not. But a polite DM inquiring might be worthwhile if you're so inclined.

Yeah, that's actually him. In fact, Richard routinely posts updates to his live rig on here, and I definitely recommend anyone who needs some new perspectives on what to use and how to use it to have a look at his designs.

Also, the OP might want to drop Xaoc a line and ask them directly. My bet is that if there's a ROM update capability on the Zadar, there might also be other methods for blowing new voltage curves into the module.

The screen failed twice the first year I bought it, outputs are not responsive in the second year of use, Customer service was not helpful in taking responsibility.

Simple curiosity: why is everyone selling this module right now? Is there a serious competitor?

2 dislike = 150e lost. Still loving modular (:

If you want fully editable envelopes, get a Rossum Control Forge. I think the point of Zadar is that its envelopes are 'quick and dirty'. You can call them up quickly and easily adjust a couple of the most critical parameters, namely time and range.

Hi all :)
I see there is a FW update (2.0.7) and I also see my module has less than the 270 EGs as described on the XAOC website.
2 questions:
1) How do you update the FW on these?
2) Is there a way to reset the module to a "factory default" state as I bought mine and all EGs have been mesed with.
Thanks for any hint,
Loersatz

hi,
the update procedure is in the firmware zip folder.

Thanks for that :) Had not yet opened the downloader... My bad :)
Is there a way, in the setup menu, to restore the unit to factory default? INITIALIZE?
Thank you :)

Sorry but I don't know.
You should ask Xaoc direcly.
They are very cool and they always reply quickly.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated :)
have sent an email to XAOC.
Will get back here to clarify in case it can help :)
Best