this user has left ModularGrid

Some fun with Make Noise Morphagene

Good kick bass with DPO, hi hats/snare/clap from Erbeverb and madness with Morphagene.

Hi Sacguy71,

Nice to hear the DPO. I am still hesitating about this module, is it really worth it?

Yeah, the Morphagene sounds like good fun. For some more crazy fun you could try to put it in series with Mimeophon that I guess you will have in your Shared System as well, right? Just connect the output of the Morphagene to the input of the Mimeophon and have fun :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

I love the DPO however if I was choosing a new complex oscillator it would not be my top choice. I would consider Frap Tools Brenso, Instruo Saich, Verbos Harmonic Oscillator, or Hexinverter Mindphaser. But it came with Shared System and sounds massive for kicks and so forth. It is a dirty oscillator but can do more mild stuff as well. I will try feeding Morphagene into Mimeophon and see how it sounds. It sounds great thru Erbeverb and Echophon. Wogglebug is fantastic as well. Such a well designed modular system for experimental sound design! I also have an ALM Super Coupe and OP-1 on the way to use with it for my mobile modular rig. Saving for ACL Sinfonion and Assimil8or.

Hi Sacguy71,

Thanks a lot for your comments on complex oscillators, will check out those you mentioned!

Ha, ha, yeah I got a Wogglebug too, funny thing. I love to use it as a random generator ;-)

I think you would love the Sinfonion, it's a powerful beast! Looks like you have some good fun with your Shared System, keep up the good spirit and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

You’re welcome Garfield. Yeah Wogglebug is great. I made a cool trance house patch using it as a triple oscillator into modemix and optimix using Erbeverb and modulated by Maths. The Make Noise Shared System feels like a complete and portable modular instrument. I’m glad that I started on Doepfer basic modules before the Make Noise modular stuff.