Recent visitors to my little corner of YouTube will know I've been looking at expanding my modular set-up to include a new case and lots of lovely new modules, inspired by my passion for Buchla.

Well, in the last few months, I have made zero progress. And in the meantime I've bought a new toy, a Polyend Tracker. I'm enjoying it so far, and can see that it will easily incorporate into any modular set up I end up with.

It's also great fun in its own right. I've been enjoying loading samples from my Plink and Tenor Uke Kontakt libraries and seeing what I can come up with. This is the first track I've made on it. Hope you like it.

Well was interestingly cool...would you say the Polyend Tracker is relatively easy to get started with? Was watching you triggering the various buttons. Maybe the most time consuming part is getting all your samples loaded? Thanks for the video!

JB

I've looked at this, and the only thing I would wish for is a separate unit that's just the synthesizer itself. It's very capable, but sticking with JUST tracker mod clips really sells the synth inside short. Even so, this is way faster than using an old-skool mod tracker on something like an Amiga.

Well was interestingly cool...would you say the Polyend Tracker is relatively easy to get started with? Was watching you triggering the various buttons. Maybe the most time consuming part is getting all your samples loaded? Thanks for the video!
-- jb61264

Hi - thanks for the comment. So far I’ve found it pretty straightforward to load samples. There’s a bit of “housework” but nothing like as much as other samplers I’ve tried.

I've looked at this, and the only thing I would wish for is a separate unit that's just the synthesizer itself. It's very capable, but sticking with JUST tracker mod clips really sells the synth inside short. Even so, this is way faster than using an old-skool mod tracker on something like an Amiga.
-- Lugia

My experience of the Tracker is that the wavetable function is fun. The granular synth is limited because you can only have one grain. Hopefully they could update that if they can squeeze more out of the processor.

The granular synth is limited because you can only have one grain.

-- ModLifeCrisis

Ahhhh...OK, that's pretty restricting. Looks like my instinct to use Grainstorm for granular work (on an Android tablet: Samsung Tab A) was the right one after all. Now I have to figure out how to tie that in so it can talk to Ableton.

Hi ModLifeCrisis,

That was a nice demo video of the Polyend Tracker :-)

Thank you very much for that, enjoy the weekend and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads