I'm playing around with Sequins on o_c into my Disting (which is in multisample mode) and getting some really cool results. However, I'm trying to have Sequins start at the beginning of the sequence each time I stop/start the clock. There is a reset/mute option where you can specify a trigger channel to do this, but I am having a heck of a time finding something that I can create a trigger from that will do this in my setup.

I was hoping there would be some way that o_c itself could just generate a trigger whenever it started and stopped and send that to the channel I'm specifying as the reset but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this. I have Quadrax but have not been able to figure out a way to just have it send a trigger once upon start

Here is what I have for modules that I'm working with...

ModularGrid Rack

looking for any suggestions on how I could generate a single trigger when I start my clock (using Beatstep Pro as master clock start/stop). Tried to work through this over a couple days and have reached that point where I'm stumped and hoping someone else might have a recommendation.

JB

Hi,

I there is the explanation in this video.
https://m.

Hi,

I there is the explanation in this video.
-- klodifokan

I watched this video...in fact quite a few of synthdads videos on o_c :)
He does explain how to configure the o_c to accept a trigger to start Sequins with clock start and I get that...what I was hoping is that there was some way to configure a channel on 0_c to be its own trigger (so to speak)...so when the module receives a start from my master clock, it generates a trigger that can be fed back into the reset channel I have configured in 0_c. In the video he uses Pams to do this. I've tried to use a clock start from something else in my setup (say the clock out from my Hydrasynth) but it does not work as a trigger. I'm looking to see if I can assign one of the Mod outputs from Hydrasynth as some sort of trigger but haven't discovered anything yet. Was hoping there may be some sort of trick I could do with Quadrax or even as I mentioned before configuring o_c to output a trigger back into itself.

JB

Best I can tell from the manual, there is no setting that causes O&C to generate a reset trigger, nor can I find a play mode that replicates what you're wanting.

There may be a way to do that with Hemispheres, I'm not sure. I think that's why o_c and Temps Utile tend to go hand-in-hand

this user has left ModularGrid

I have one with base firmware and my OCP with Hemispheres just arrived today in the post so I need to see if this is possible.

I have one with base firmware and my OCP with Hemispheres just arrived today in the post so I need to see if this is possible.
-- sacguy71

Cool...let me know if you figure it out on Hemispheres. I originally had that loaded and decided I wanted to try the base firmware and that's what got me down the Sequins rabbit hole. Hemispheres doesn't have "Sequins" but maybe running in Darkest Timeline on one side with Schmitt Trigger on the other? I never tried them when I had Hemispheres loaded, but did have fun with Enigma.

JB

Just to chip in, I have O&C (I'm also running the original firmware), and as I far as I know, what you want to do isn't possible - asking O&C to re-trigger itself.

Actually, it's one of the oddest things about O&C. It's, as some say, the Swiss army knife of modular, but some of the most obvious things you'd love it to do .... it doesn't! You can freeze sequences, alter them on the fly either yourself or via algorithms, and more. Yet to have a simple possibility to clock or trigger itself, and in some of the modes a possibility to stop or start, it doesn't do. However, it's a brilliant module, and as you already said 'diving down the rabbit hole of O&C is much fun, and often very productive.

Just to chip in, I have O&C (I'm also running the original firmware), and as I far as I know, what you want to do isn't possible - asking O&C to re-trigger itself.

Actually, it's one of the oddest things about O&C. It's, as some say, the Swiss army knife of modular, but some of the most obvious things you'd love it to do....it doesn't! You can freeze sequences, alter them on the fly either yourself or via algorithms, and more. Yet to have a simple possibility to clock or trigger itself, and in some of the modes a possibility to stop or start, it doesn't do. However, it's a brilliant module, and as you already said 'diving down the rabbit hole of O&C is much fun, and often very productive.

-- joesh

Agree, love going down the rabbit hole with O&C. Its actually teaching me MANY different topics in the modular world in one small module...but it is frustrating that something this simple isn't available, at least not at this time :) I have posted to the ModWiggler O&C thread and hopefully a developer will pick up on the feature and add it in at some point.

JB

Agree, love going down the rabbit hole with O&C. Its actually teaching me MANY different topics in the modular world in one small module...but it is frustrating that something this simple isn't available, at least not at this time :) I have posted to the ModWiggler O&C thread and hopefully a developer will pick up on the feature and add it in at some point.

-- jb61264

Good idea, I hadn't thought about that.

Same thing (in a way) with Temps Utile, which does almost everything Pam's New Workout does, except that amazingly useful .... simple On/Off button! If they could just add that into the firmware, it would be a no brainer with TU costing half the price of PNW.

this user has left ModularGrid

My OCP with Hemisphere arrived this weekend and I tried a bunch of applets and cannot find a way to do this. It has an internal clock option but I cannot find one to do the retrigger either and watched a bunch of synth tutorial videos on it. Still a great module and having a few is worth it even if you need to use another module to retrigger and reset the clocking. I use Pam or Batumi for the reset trigger option right now with my O&C modules.

My OCP with Hemisphere arrived this weekend and I tried a bunch of applets and cannot find a way to do this. It has an internal clock option but I cannot find one to do the retrigger either and watched a bunch of synth tutorial videos on it. Still a great module and having a few is worth it even if you need to use another module to retrigger and reset the clocking. I use Pam or Batumi for the reset trigger option right now with my O&C modules.
-- sacguy71

I'm not sure about the Hemispheres firmware. But with the original firmware, you could generally scroll down into the menu and assign TR2 or TR4 to the reset function.

Theres no way to have the Beatstep Pro send a gate to the O_C when it starts?