Hi all.
I have a dfam which I am using with my eurorack case.
I have lfo also.
I want to achieve the sound of drifting pitch on the dfam.. say.. how a cs80 has a sound of vintage and nostalgia as the oscillator seem a little unstable.
Could somebody help me understand how to achieve this and which modules are needed please?
Would it be maybe seq pitch into vca - attenuated lfo into vca.. mix together then back into the dfam osc pitch in?
Or could the lfo mess with the sequence?
Thank you if you can help!

You can just patch your attenuated LFO right into the VCO 1 CV input. The LFO will be added to the sequence, but only VCO1 will drift. So if the SEQ PITCH MOD is switched to VCO 1&2 you'll get a nice detune effect between both VCOs.
If you mult the LFO into VCO 2 CV, too, both VCOs will pitch drift together (mult with e.g. a multiple module or a stackcable).
Mind that the LFO should be attenuated VERY much. Typical LFOs swing between -5 and +5V which means 10 octaves in V/Oct terms. So the drift might be way too drastic. In my experiment I did to verify this concept the attenuator is open just a hair - literally. So you might be better off with two attenuators in a row to have more wiggle room for fine tuning ;-)
Cheers

Thank you very much!

I want to achieve the sound of drifting pitch on the dfam.. say.. how a cs80 has a sound of vintage and nostalgia as the oscillator seem a little unstable.

-- Dfisound

Huh? That's not the key to the CS-80 sound, unless you want it to sound utterly hammered and miscalibrated. Mine sure doesn't sound like that...unless I'd kicked it down the studio stairs (and risking broken bones from that kick...remember: this mofo weighs 225 pounds!).

You're probably confusing that with what you can do with modulation via the control "tabs". That can get really elaborate, too; Yamaha didn't screw around when they cooked this thing up. But the "CS-80 sound" really has more to do with the architecture of the voice path, the ability to get at piles of functions rapidly with those tabs, and those FILTERS. And I'm not even going in depth on the ring-mod circuit, the ribbon controller, and so on...plus, the "preset" hatch makes a good place to keep a sammich handy for snacking while playing (DON'T ACTUALLY DO THAT! Seriously!).

Another possibility to go along with Jonau's suggestion above would be to check some of Nonlinearcircuits' slow chaos modulators. Since these can do random voltage movement at EXTREMELY slow rates (like, days at max), you can simulate VCO drift with these very easily.