hi there , has anyone any views

Klavis Twin Waves MKII vs mutable instruments plaits

I'm looking for something different as I have a Erics synths VCO planned - also have my Behringer Neutron
that can integrate to euro rack, - I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these two modules?

Go with Plaits. Plaits is a full voice that contains an internal Filter and VCA

Twin Waves is somewhat similar to the Erica Synths VCO. Both will need additional modules to shape the sound. Typically a VCO will be complimented with an Envelope Generator, Filter, VCA

There is a hidden advantage to the Klavis modules, though: size. It's as narrow as I would feel comfortable with using, but you get a dual VCO with quantizing in a mere 8 hp. You get a waveshaper in there, it can do additive, has internal ring modulation, a number of random operations (noise, variable LFO weirdness that includes Brownian movement models, etc). So, yeah...both the Plaits and the Twin Waves mkii are fairly complex, albeit with different architecture behind the panel.

this user has left ModularGrid

Plaits is French, Twin Waves is Belgian.
I use Plaits, but Twin Waves is a ‘bloody little module’ with a lot of ‘little grey cells’ (so many great features) and it sounds absolutely wonderful!
I don't know how I haven't given in to temptation yet...
I'm a ‘bloody little frog’.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).