Hi fellow synth nerds
I've been building a live rack for 3 years now and I've gave about 20 to 30 live perfomances with it in various projects.

What I love the most about modular synthesizer is the fact that as the posibilities are infinite, everyone have a different way to work and make sounds with it. For me, my eurorack as helped me to be more confident to express my fellings thought my music.

I built my rack to give live improv shows

ModularGrid Rack

Beats are made with a roland tr8s

I can mix with a 4 channel focusrite thats goes to ableton live were i threat drums and euroack then do a master
Or
I mix with a 8 channel focusrite were i treat kick, bass, snare&claps, hats&shakers, manis histeria and chords&arps independently then do a master. I can also live multi-track record this way.
In both ways i can adjust sounds and send effects with a small midi controler. I play with 120ms latency that doesn't impact the playability (i got used to it really fast)

The transportation and the importance of the show are the reasons why i'll choose one or another way of mixing.
In his "little" version my live setup fits in a 100L backpack (forclaz DUFFEL 100 BASIC) It is fully wired, can be installed and tuned in 20 minutes for a live show and does not require a car.
The "heavy" version require a larger computer. I choose that one when I have to record or if my performance require a better mix

Here is a video with one of my project "Jean feutre" with a french cartoonist :

The goal here is to treat music and visual arts as equaly. It is mainly based on improvisation and we can synchronize visual effects with sound thanks to midi.

I don't assume my way of doing live shows with my modular synth is the best one. I'm just here to tchat about it
If you have questions or feedbacks fell free to answer the thread !

Nice! I like the positive vibe too.

super fun !

Excellent concept, and you form a real duo: we can feel a nice understanding for the benefit of both worlds.
The applications seem to be numerous (Jarre will be jealous, he will call you soon :)

About the setup, some modules could favour a cartoon spirit (I think of Morphagene, Data Bender), and controllers (like joysticks, or surfaces like LP1lightplane, Tetrapad), for you to test...

Nice work guys! / Beau travail les mecs !

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Nice tunes there!

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Thanks for your kind comments !
I've changed a few things since

ModularGrid Rack

I had not enough possibilities with my way of sequencing. Metropolix fixed everything (and added a lot of clever ways of making new sounds)

About the setup, some modules could favour a cartoon spirit (I think of Morphagene, Data Bender), and controllers (like joysticks, or surfaces like LP1lightplane, Tetrapad), for you to test...

Nice work guys! / Beau travail les mecs !
-- Sweelinck

Thanks for the advices !
Morphagene/databender do work pretty well. I've hesitated a long time to get morphagene but I think Iprefer to use a midi controler (korg nanokontrol) to blend in some effects on the master of my mix in ableton.
Joysticks or surfaces are good (I miss my Soundmachines LP1lightplane sometimes). Thoses module are really fun for live performances !
Since we will soon work with kids (i'll teach synthsizers, creating musical athmospheres in assotiation of images/videos). I was thinking of including a Delptronics WiiChuck on the rack since i have some space left. I think this is might be a nice addition if you want the public to interact with your music in some (controlled) ways.