Hi friends,
I'm looking for a eurorack module (or any simple thing) that would allow me to send through midi a CV master clock (from my euroracks modules) to some guitar pedals (Meris, Hologram etc) to sync. In other words, I don't need to send CC messages – only the start, stop and tempo info of a master clock.
Does that exist ? I seem to see all the modules allowing a complete transfer of CC messages, but I have not found anything that can just produce a master clock from CV to midi (TRS or DIN). Thanks for your help!

It might be overkill, but the Westlicht Performer does that. I use it all the time to sync my modular to my Boss RC-5 Loop Station.

Thanks but it's overkill ! Looking for simplicity..

Still overkill, but it seems like Befaco CV Thing will do Midi clock
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/befaco-cv-thing

Too bad the VPME.de trig31 doesn't seem to do Midi clock. Just the right amount of kill otherwise.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/vpme-de-trig31

Or set and forget a Disting Mk4

this user has left ModularGrid

If you ever have considered to dive into the world of micro controllers (Arduino) this would be a great real world use case for a tiny project.
In case you're interested i can send you a few links to my projects where reading cv clock/reset and sending midi clock already exists.
Of course its a lot harder than buying a finished device - but you will learn a lot and maybe inspires you to create other unique stuff with midi + cv signals.

So I was missing something ! Thanks a lot, the Disting Mk4 seems to be for me... (diving into Arduino would be super great.. but I've no time in my life for that..)

So I was missing something ! Thanks a lot, the Disting Mk4 seems to be for me... (diving into Arduino would be super great.. but I've no time in my life for that..)
-- patchable

Always convenient to have a Disting laying around whenever you need (x)

deleted

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

Don't know if you're using PNW, but the expander has midi clock out. I'm using a Blokas MidiHub to route clocks etc to pedals, drumboxes, sometimes a DAW... You can filter out anything you don't need your pedals to receive, merge incoming midi messages, use clock dividers, manage midi channels etc. Really powerful little box!

Hi friends,
I'm looking for a eurorack module (or any simple thing) that would allow me to send through midi a CV master clock (from my euroracks modules) to some guitar pedals (Meris, Hologram etc) to sync. In other words, I don't need to send CC messages – only the start, stop and tempo info of a master clock.
Does that exist ? I seem to see all the modules allowing a complete transfer of CC messages, but I have not found anything that can just produce a master clock from CV to midi (TRS or DIN). Thanks for your help!
-- patchable

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

...I'm using a Blokas MidiHub to route clocks etc to pedal...
...Really powerful little box!...
-- geusensdriesmusic

Yeah - this box seems to be really powerful! But maybe a bit overhead for this use case.
If you are already on the MIDI side of the task a cheaper (and passive) solution for filtering MIDI messages would be the Miditech Midi Thru 4.
I have 2 of those in my non-eurorack-setup and never experienced any problems with it.