Hi all,
i have two cases. i would like to stack one on top of the other, but want to be able to simply remove it because thats my traveling case (suitcase style). It needs to be a strong connection, the top one is 7u high and cos of patching i dont want to tip that one over 😅
Any remommodations on how to adress this ? They are both rougly the same hp wide and the lower on is deeper than the one intented on top. i dont mind drilling in yhe cases.
Hope to hear from you

recently i built a custom case that consist of multiple stackable sub cases:
https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3993355#p3993355

first i tried to use 8mm x 80mm metal bolts between the cases but i was not successful.
I was hoping to be able to stack & unstack the cases without the need for any tool.

after i realised that its totally ok for me using a tool in favour of a good connection between the cases i finally mounted a 3mm metal plate with 2 M5 holes on top of each sub case
it looks like a strong connection with nothing to worry about.

Hey, tnx for your reply, how do you disconnect the top case ?

Hey, tnx for your reply, how do you disconnect the top case ?
-- Gijsja

i have to remove those two M5 screws on each side. then i can lift the upper case:

maybe its more clear on my (unfinished) top case

of course this is not exactly applyable with your cases - but i think a similar solution would be possible. do you have pictures?

Ah, tnx i get it. Tnx for the reply ! Im looking more for something more easy and less damging to my cases. As in, unscrewing evry time i need the case, thats gonna make some damage.

Picture of the cases may help. But take a look at latches made by Penn Elcom https://www.penn-elcom.com/default.asp?MC=01020101&LG=EN

They should be strong enough to keep a case on its place. Not speaking from personal experience, but I have seen it used that way.

I think those panel locks are especially good for something like this.

Ah, tnx i get it. Tnx for the reply ! Im looking more for something more easy and less damging to my cases. As in, unscrewing evry time i need the case, thats gonna make some damage.

-- Gijsja

in your first post you said ...i dont mind drilling in yhe cases...
the "damage" would be 2 holes on each case edge that has to be connected (a total of 8 holes)
attaching and removing a metric screw within a metric nut does not cause any further damage.