The button for flipping a module upside down seems to be gone.. is there any chance of bringing it back?

Thanks!

I was going to request the same thing. I thought I was just overlooking it or something

over:under

I am also desperately searching for it, there is some green "Head" inactive button when you turn on "Panel selector" that seems like it could do something but it does not. I would also like to see it back.

At the top of your screen, turn on Keyboard Shortcuts. Then hover over the module you would like to flip. Then press "F". Not as convenient as it used to be but it works.

At the top of your screen, turn on Keyboard Shortcuts. Then hover over the module you would like to flip. Then press "F". Not as convenient as it used to be but it works.
-- farkas

This is actually much better :), never checked the shortcuts, going to use them.
Thank you!

Thanks for this, I was looking in the list of shortcuts and it wasn't listed. Very strange. Anyway it's not exactly ideal on a tablet (need to have a bluetooth keyboard handy) but hey I guess it's 1st world problem really.

-edit- actually this doesn't seem to be an option here at all. Where's the keyboard shortcut option? I can't locate it at all :/ Using iPad / Safari here. Maybe some weird platform specific issue?

-- farkas

Anything which requires hovering (which is simply not a tablet thing) and pressing a keyboard key (which relatively few tablets have available) is rather hostile to touchscreen devices. Add to that the horrible performance of ModularGrid on the macos version of Safari, and it is pretty clear that the site operator expects it to be used in Chrome, on Windows, with a mouse and keyboard. Which is really unfortunate given how great of a resource the site is otherwise.

I notice that the site admin has not posted since August 11th so it's very possible that they are currently unavailable or on vacation etc.

It's possible that some changes were made before this which inadvertently affected some existing features - the disappearance of the flip button when a module is selected coincided with the appearance of the > buttons which 'bunch up' the modules in left/right directions - this new feature is not something I'd use, whereas I use the flip function a LOT (I guess I'm weird like that) :)

I'm very hesitant to complain too loudly until the site admin at least has a chance to investigate and maybe fix.

But then I'm not paying for a unicorn account so that's maybe easier for me to say.

Overall I don't think the site has been crippled on tablet platforms in the past, but it's definitely not a good idea to make some features only accessible via hovering/keyboard shortcuts. As you say 'hovering' is not really a thing on tablets so there needs to be some other way imho.

Here's hoping that a solution will be made available soon.

Flip is back

In the user preferences under https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view you find a new fieldset called Planner Menu Preferences. Here you can check which entries you like to see in the planner action menu. Options are Push Buttons and/or Flip Button (or none of both).
You can select both but the space will be very narrow on slim modules.
Keybord shortcuts are still available even if you hide the buttons.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Thanks so much for this :)

Flip is back

In the user preferences under https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view you find a new fieldset called Planner Menu Preferences. Here you can check which entries you like to see in the planner action menu. Options are Push Buttons and/or Flip Button (or none of both).
You can select both but the space will be very narrow on slim modules.
Keybord shortcuts are still available even if you hide the buttons.
-- modulargrid