So other than a Transposer, I guess this will be really useful for calibrating VCOs.
So guessing I'd need a really accrurate Multimeter to calibrate / check this?

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Certainly looks like it. Since you're advised to calibrate your oscillators for the power-supply they're hooked to, an octave-tool like this one could work (in the slightest) different with differening surroundings. - If you plan on buying a multimeter, aside from the range, look for one to also include a frequency-counter to also use it later to check the pitch with an oscillators squarewave. Sadly, the reaaally precise Multimeters are quite the expensive ride. I got one for around 160 Euros and for the frequency-counter, it does not deliver more than a Data by Mordax.

In the end, I'm sure this module would come precision-calibrated as a prebuilt one. With a DIY-Kit, this will become much more important.

So are we talking like the high end Brymen ones, such as…
https://brymen.eu/shop/bm869s/
about 200€?
I’ve been eyeing this one to get for quite some time now myself.

hm, without checking your MM of choice all that thouroughly, I'd say it is quite comparable to the one I have.

I'm a bloody beginner when it comes to this to be quite honest, so I talked to some electrical engineers with an Eurorackbackground who explained to me that a) the tools to be REALLY precise are well worth 5 - 10 times more expensive than these we're looking at and (b calibration within the standards of musicality are well enough possible wirh MMs like the one shown.

So my advice is not worth that much, but still, I'd say you can get away with that Multimeter, at least so did I and still enjoy to explore the Multimeter itself. I'm happy when I can errortest connections to fix a broken solderjoint on an old crappy mixer at least and countercheck the voltages supplied by Data for makeshiftcalibration.

Yeah it is a well know best bang for buck very accurate MM based on my research without having to spend multiples more on a fluke which is the standard, I was just wondering if it had the functionality of “frequency counting” as you describe, I’m new to this myself but require at least a 40,000 count MM to calibrate my OCP, next purchase is no doubt an oscilloscope.

Maybe I should just go for a half decent Chinese bench oscilloscope with at least 40,000 counts, with room for future requirements